playMaker

Author Topic: Audio Play Action  (Read 1008 times)

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
Audio Play Action
« on: February 06, 2022, 05:48:03 AM »
Unity 2018.4.36
Playmaker 1.9.4

While debugging my issue with audio fade action, I've discovered that audio play action gets triggered every frame. Is this a bug?

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
Re: Audio Play Action
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 05:58:03 AM »
Okay. I've figured it out. I need to uncheck "wait for the end of the clip" checkmark. Damn, I have a lot of work to do, so save some performance, cause I for the most part ignored that checkmark.

p.s. I think it should be unchecked by default for future version of Playmaker.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 05:59:42 AM by Gua »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2022, 08:34:51 AM »
Hi.

Code: [Select]
p.s. I think it should be unchecked by default for future version of Playmaker.Yeah i think it should, but the problem is that if someone updates to that version it might give issues to them if they need it to be checked.

what i do is edit the action script and set the default (inside the void Reset) to false.
only thing is that it get overwritten when you update playmaker.

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 08:34:12 AM »
Hi.

Code: [Select]
p.s. I think it should be unchecked by default for future version of Playmaker.Yeah i think it should, but the problem is that if someone updates to that version it might give issues to them if they need it to be checked.

what i do is edit the action script and set the default (inside the void Reset) to false.
only thing is that it get overwritten when you update playmaker.
That is exactly what I did after writing my original post. But I'm sure I'll forget about it after next Playmaker update :(

I did a test and as far as I can see it did not changed those checkmarks for already written FMSs, so I don't think this will create compatibility issues.