playMaker

Author Topic: Finding Jobs as a PM developer  (Read 1024 times)

kavery

Finding Jobs as a PM developer
« on: March 16, 2022, 04:17:07 PM »
I was wondering if there's a resource anywhere to help find PM friendly jobs? I've been developing apps FT for 7 years using only PM. Even won an industry VR award for my latest pharma client. But there's always that extra layer of mystery when approaching employers. Or having to sell them on the plug-in. It would be pretty great to find employers who already use it.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 04:18:58 PM by kavery »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Finding Jobs as a PM developer
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 04:28:00 PM »
Hi.
what i did is make a portfolio and exposed it where i can (forums/fb/twitter ect)
and got approached regularly, at the moment im working full time on a project
so i stopped exposing for now.
I can see the difference.

kavery

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2022, 10:38:55 PM »
Thanks for the tip. I haven't made a peep on social media but that sounds like a good idea. Any work so far has come from recruiters or companies contacting me on LinkedIn. Now suddenly I'm getting way more contact, but only to string me along for various reasons. Having the award, they want to keep you down just in case they can deliver. These are often Unity newbie companies who need guidance, so they think it means something. Or interviewing you just to see what other tools you use as research. When you have enough dead weight like that it literally burns your career to the ground. My longest stretch without work.

Did you ever do paid ads? I think I'll try that. Resurrect my company image as a VR service provider, rather than resume style. Hiring has become so flakey.. like buying and selling on craiglist. Non committal BS. I've talked to others with the same exp.   
« Last Edit: March 16, 2022, 10:42:45 PM by kavery »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2022, 05:13:04 PM »
Hi.
No i never did paid apps for getting work.
i did for some android game.

if you want to do, for example facebook ads.
It very important to get the right target group.

Groo Gadgets

• Beta Group
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 01:19:29 AM »
Hey kavery,

I've sent you 2 private messages regarding potential Playmaker work and I haven't heard back from you.

Cheers,

Simon