playMaker

Author Topic: Errors with fresh Playmaker on Unity 2020.3.24f1: Cannot implicitly convert type  (Read 1269 times)

darth_biomech

• Playmaker Newbie
I've made an install of Playmaker version 1.9.4.f2 into my Unity 2020.3.24f1 project, and upon completing installation I get a bunch of compile errors:
Code: [Select]
Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Gamepad\GamepadReadStickValue.cs(35,32): error CS0039: Cannot convert type 'InputControl' to 'UnityEngine.InputSystem.Controls.StickControl' via a reference conversion, boxing conversion, unboxing conversion, wrapping conversion, or null type conversion

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Gamepad\GamepadReadStickValue.cs(42,31): error CS0039: Cannot convert type 'InputControl' to 'UnityEngine.InputSystem.Controls.DpadControl' via a reference conversion, boxing conversion, unboxing conversion, wrapping conversion, or null type conversion

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Gamepad\GamepadReadStickValue.cs(55,28): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'UnityEngine.InputSystem.Controls.StickControl' to 'InputControl'

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Gamepad\GamepadReadStickValue.cs(57,28): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'UnityEngine.InputSystem.Controls.StickControl' to 'InputControl'

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Gamepad\GamepadReadStickValue.cs(59,28): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'UnityEngine.InputSystem.Controls.DpadControl' to 'InputControl'

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Gamepad\GamepadStickEvents.cs(64,32): error CS0039: Cannot convert type 'InputControl' to 'UnityEngine.InputSystem.Controls.StickControl' via a reference conversion, boxing conversion, unboxing conversion, wrapping conversion, or null type conversion

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Gamepad\GamepadStickEvents.cs(70,31): error CS0039: Cannot convert type 'InputControl' to 'UnityEngine.InputSystem.Controls.DpadControl' via a reference conversion, boxing conversion, unboxing conversion, wrapping conversion, or null type conversion

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Gamepad\GamepadStickEvents.cs(137,28): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'UnityEngine.InputSystem.Controls.StickControl' to 'InputControl'

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Gamepad\GamepadStickEvents.cs(139,28): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'UnityEngine.InputSystem.Controls.StickControl' to 'InputControl'

Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Gamepad\GamepadStickEvents.cs(141,28): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'UnityEngine.InputSystem.Controls.DpadControl' to 'InputControl'

I went to this forum and initially thought it to be a bug with the asset store, but after redownloading the package the problem still persists. What can I do?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Hi.
Did you update from an older version?
Do you have the new input system installed ?(or had installed before)

For now if you don't need to use these to actions :
Gamepad ReadStick Value
Gamepad Stick Events

you can try this :
search for GamepadReadStickValue.cs and GamepadStickEvents.cs
in your project window and remove the scripts.

darth_biomech

• Playmaker Newbie
Hello! Yes, I've upgraded from the old version (However, the game does not have any code in it yet, just the assets), and yes I have a new input system activated.

darth_biomech

• Playmaker Newbie
After installing a fresh project, I've got the same errors the second I've turned on the new control input system, so it's definitely that. The question is, can they be fixed without turning it off or deleting the files that seem to be important for control?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Hi.
I will ping Alex.

if you are not using the actions its fine to remove.
when a update is available and you update, the action will be back.
you can also save the scripts in a different folder outside your project if you wish

darth_biomech

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi.
I am extremely new to this whole plugin, but from the sound of it, it seems that these scripts are responsible for handling gamepad controls? So if I delete them, I won't be able to use gamepad sticks in my game?

Unless they're for something else entirely.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Did you also import the new input system in the Package Manager. Search for Input System in Package Manager > Unity Registry. Unity should really do this automatically when you select the new input system in Project Settings, but it doesn't!