playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Playmaker Suddenly Unfunctional - Does not exit state  (Read 1465 times)

craigz

• Beta Group
    • Haven Made
SOLVED
I had changed settings in the 'Enter Play Mode' to make it faster after reading some unity threads about 2020, it worked for a period of time, then suddenly stopped. Found out via this thread (https://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=21908.msg98703#msg98703)

---------------------------------------

Playmaker suddenly become unfunctional to me and I'm not sure why.

Basically it does not leave a state via Finish or any other event, essentially is just frozen and I'm unsure why. No runtime created events for debug will fire either, although alt-clicking an event for debug sending will send it, it will just be frozen on the next state.

But essentially anything that is in the scene already will not run 🤷‍♂️

Unity 2020.2.19f1
Playmaker 1.9.4.f2

Things I have tried:

- reimport all
- delete library folder
- load all FSM prefabs
- update all FSM prefabs
- new scene
- reinstall playmaker (via instructions here https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W624)

Weird things of note
- If during play mode I duplicate the object the component is on, the new instance  will then work without this issue (while the original will still not work)
- Copying the object from runtime and pasting it back in when the editor is not playing will cause it to not work
- Perhaps something to do with domain reloading in the Unity Project Settings?

Here is a video of it in action

The only thing I've left to try is reinstall the Unity Editor 🤷‍♂️

Any direction on this? I would really appreciate it 🙏

thank you!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 04:56:01 PM by craigz »

craigz

• Beta Group
    • Haven Made
Re: Playmaker Suddenly Unfunctional - Does not exit state
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 10:10:14 AM »
Playmaker suddenly become unfunctional to me and I'm not sure why.

Basically it does not leave a state via Finish or any other event, essentially is just frozen and I'm unsure why. No runtime created events for debug will fire either, although alt-clicking an event for debug sending will send it, it will just be frozen on the next state.

But essentially anything that is in the scene already will not run 🤷‍♂️

Unity 2020.2.19f1
Playmaker 1.9.4.f2

Things I have tried:

- reimport all
- delete library folder
- load all FSM prefabs
- update all FSM prefabs
- new scene
- resetting playmaker preferences
- reinstall playmaker (via instructions here https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W624)

Weird things of note
- If during play mode I duplicate the object the component is on, the new instance  will then work without this issue (while the original will still not work)
- Copying the object from runtime and pasting it back in when the editor is not playing will cause it to not work

Here is a video of it in action

The only thing I've left to try is reinstall the Unity Editor 🤷‍♂️

Any direction on this? I would really appreciate it 🙏

thank you!