playMaker

Author Topic: Unity’s New Input System  (Read 739 times)

maiyaa

• Playmaker Newbie
Unity’s New Input System
« on: May 10, 2022, 06:57:40 PM »
Hi all, Ive decided to take my project game in a different direction and started a new project reusing a lot of my old FSMs and assets. I figured this would be a good time to also switch to the new input system and am now struggling with recreating my FSMs using the new input system. I think my issues might be because I was using physics/add force for movement rather than a character controller. So when I add force now it’s being applied based on my inputs rather than the axis I’m trying to assign the force too (my ship now has a strafe rather than only moving forward and backwards) so my question is, should I persevere and lose a bunch of time figuring this out because later down the track I’ll see the real benefits of the new system or should I use the old system because I already sort of understand it and there’s probably a lot more information online so I’m more likely to be able to find solutions to things I might want to implement?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Unity’s New Input System
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 10:42:47 PM »
Hi.
The new system is not really good as well, so your better of to use the old system.

Then Later if you plan to release your game  (and when you can afford it) you should purchase Rewired (Asset Store)
its still by far the best controller sollution.
Its a bit intimidating in the beginning, but waaay worth it as its waaay better that what unity has :)

cassey

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 10:26:44 AM »
It is a really good and useful bit of information. I appreciate you giving us this useful information. Kindly keep us informed in this manner. I appreciate you sharing.

ramane

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2024, 04:01:32 AM »
It is a piece of knowledge that is both very insightful and helpful. I am grateful that you have provided us with this important information.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 04:03:23 AM by ramane »