playMaker

Author Topic: “Move Toward” isn’t triggering animation  (Read 511 times)

JoeGameDev

• Playmaker Newbie
“Move Toward” isn’t triggering animation
« on: October 10, 2022, 11:37:18 AM »
Oops. Posted this in the wrong forum. Trying again.

I’m making a cutscene where my player moves automatically to the center of the screen. I used the “move toward” action, and it works, but the animations I have for her movements along the X and Y axis aren’t triggered. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a better way to make that happen?

Also, I tried putting an “animator play” with the desired animation in the FSM, but it plays jittery, like it’s starting and stopping. That’s with the “every frame” option checked. If I don’t check it, it doesn’t play the animation at all.

Thanks for any help

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: “Move Toward” isn’t triggering animation
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2022, 02:47:09 PM »
Hi.
Move towards uses translate therefore its not using physics so there is no velocity

JoeGameDev

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2022, 01:29:43 PM »
Ohhh, okay. I'm very new to this, I didn't realize there needed to be physics and velocity. Thanks for your reply!

Now to figure out how to make this work, lol. Shockingly little in terms of tutorials on this specific problem, I've found.

JoeGameDev

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2022, 10:43:10 PM »
Does anyone have any advice on where to go from here? I'm trying to get my player character and other NPCs to move around in a cutscene, but I can't get anyone to animate.