playMaker

Author Topic: Inspector.Tick problem  (Read 481 times)

elmeus

• Playmaker Newbie
Inspector.Tick problem
« on: October 26, 2022, 06:13:09 AM »
Hello.

There is a problem that is occurring in the project I am working on.
I recently upgraded the Unity version to 2020.3.41f1.
After that, when I click on the GameObject that has a lot of Playmaker components, the 'Hold On' window appears and the loading does not end. In the window, "Inspector.Tick" is written.

The loading has been a little longer since a long time ago, but the loading is not over now.

Is there a way to solve this problem?

I can't edit the game object because of the loading. :'(

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Inspector.Tick problem
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 07:35:33 AM »
Hi.
Have you updated Playmaker as well?
What unity version you came from?

elmeus

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 08:20:00 AM »
Hi!
I am upgrading the Unity version of my project step by step, and recently I upgraded from 2020.3.40f1 to 2020.3.41f1.

I am using the Playmaker version 1.9.5.f3, and my project is using the URP render pipeline.

However, if I click on the 'Character GameObject', which is a child object of the Empty GameObject that I created for 'List Character', a problem occurs.

That 'Character GameObject' has 15 PlayMaker FSM components and 8 other script components.

There is no problem when I click the GameObject with 1 to 4 PlayMaker FSM components.

If GameObject has a lot of PlayMakerFSM components, it seems that the Inspector loading is slow, so please let me know if there is a way to set it to load quickly. Please...

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 02:01:36 AM »
Hi.
I havent used latest pm much yet.

some things you can try is minimize fsms in inspector (minimize 1 and change object selection should minimize all)
in preferences (bottom right of playmaker window) there are several settings which can improve performance.

if you have action window docked you might want to disable "Auto Refresh Action Usage' (click on gear on the action window)

elmeus

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 03:17:40 AM »
Thank you for your useful tips.

My problem was solved by unpacking the Prefab setting.

I still have to wait for a long loading time when the 'Inspector.Tick' loading window comes out, but Unity doesn't stop.