PlayMaker Updates & Downloads > Share New Actions

A* pathfinding (stable 0v841)

<< < (2/83) > >>

kiriri:
thank you, that is very appreciated. Can I add it to the top post (with credits of course) ?
I will write a simple wrapper now and implement it in the move to target action. I hate wrapper modules just as much as the second guy, but I see no way around it unless you want to recalculate the entire path each time you want to change it. Furthermore that way we can also implement a follow path action to save performance and make mass movements possible. I picked this up as my current project now so there should be some progress over Christmas etc.

Anyways, the number of downloads do say that there's a bunch of people interested in these actions. That's nice to see :)

hannibalov:
Hi, I'm interested in this action, but I can't find it  ??? I tried here https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W714 , but no cigar. Where is it?

(EDIT) idiot of me, it's included in the post. Sorry for that

then00b:
I'm definitely interested to see more of your work in the way of A* actions. It's been challenging trying to work around A* with the default actions.

ZeroSigma:
Hey kiriti, its not problem you can add the action to the top post, it is mostly your work I just cleaned it up a bit. ;)

Anyway guys remember to get this working you need to install the A* Pathfinding Project unity package  created by Aron Granberg. There is a free version here: http://www.arongranberg.com/unity/a-pathfinding/. The Pro version is also worth looking at if you are going to do heavy pathfinding.

hannibalov:
Hi, I added angular speed so that agents look towards their next path point. Something cool would be to add a "begin stopping distance" so that you can trigger stop walking animations or so.

PS. I don't care much about credit for just a few lines of code, so if you think this is interesting go ahead and post it without asking

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version