playMaker

Author Topic: A* pathfinding (stable 0v841)  (Read 226032 times)

kiriri

Re: A* pathfinding (stable 0v8)
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2013, 02:37:57 AM »
Thank you for the effort!
The missing variables are the global ones. If you imported them then there seems to bean error with playmaker. I too have problems with global vars all the time, so next target will be a global less example scene :-)
Best,
Sven

kiriri

Re: A* pathfinding (stable 0v808)
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2013, 12:45:13 PM »
Alright, I fixes some other minor mistakes I did and replaced every global variable. Now you've got one less installation step less to worry about ;)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:47:16 PM by kiriri »
Best,
Sven

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2013, 09:30:52 PM »
Hoooly cow its working. The PlayMaker tabs do not run slow anymore, either.

Thats really weird, is it normal to have global's act like that? I haven't noticed any trouble with them so far.

Either way good stuff, I'll tinker with it and figure out how the actions work. The Graph seems to be the part i don't understand the most, but I need to put a fair amount of time to it and try to figure it out. Haven't done any pathfinding yet so its all new to me.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

kiriri

« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2013, 01:36:59 PM »
just wanted to let anyone interested know that this is on halt for about a month, as my finals are up in just 2 weeks and I need to deprevate myself of anything fun but studies for now  :o

So if you ever thought : "Oh that stupid jerk, he approaches all of this entirely the wrong way, I can do this better!" then you have a month of time to change anything you like and submit it here and there needs to be no fear as to me working on the same script etc.

I'll still respond to new posts here though, so if you have issues then I suppose I can still offer bugfixes and support.

Well then , cya in a month or so ;)
Best,
Sven

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2013, 03:51:34 AM »
Hi Kiriri,

First off thanks for all your hard work.

Decided to upgrade to A* Pathfinding Pro and get the latest Playmaker 1.5.3 while I'm at it. But now I'm getting 17 errors.
Also after I install the Pathfinding playmaker actions, save the project an re open, Playmaker doesn't load any more. :( 

Assets/Plugins/FsmPathfindingWrappers/FsmPointGraphs.cs(6,24): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `PointGraph' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Any thoughts?

kiriri

« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2013, 07:09:51 AM »
thank you for pointing this out. I'm not sure what Aron's doing but he seems to be revamping a lot of the more fundamental classes. So I suppose that since you're version is quite a bit newer than the one I used the last time, some parts are outdated in the Bridge (let's just call this plugin the Bridge now, so we won't have to write "the astar integration plugin" or whatever :D).
I will update now and have a look at how much has changed, but since there are only 18 errors I don't think it should take all that long.

Give me a couple of hours, then I should be done ;)
Best,
Sven

kiriri

« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2013, 08:36:13 AM »
Ok, actually it hasn't been updated. My first guess would be that you forgot to restructuate it after importing pro. This may prove a tad tricky I think.
First open any test scene (either one of Aron's or one of mine) and select the A* gameObject. Then see if under Settings/Editor Js Support is enabled. If it is, disable it , then enable it again , if it isn't supported, just enable it.

Hope that helps ;)

And I hope you didn't try this on any major project without backup, because if you closed the editor while having astar in it twice (once the normal version, once the restructuated version from before) , then this may result in data loss I think.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 10:40:40 AM by kiriri »
Best,
Sven

geoquav

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2013, 10:55:25 AM »
I am attempting to install this but am having the same problem. I do not see the "Settings" option in the Inspector on the A* object. I have attached a screenshot to show what I am seeing. I could very well be overlooking it, please point me in the proper direction. Thanks.

kiriri

« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2013, 11:15:38 AM »
this is how it looks for me. I tried with both the free and the pro version of astar. I'm using Unity 3.5 pro, but that should not matter.

Did you try it on an empty project? Did you try reimporting the package?
To me your Astar Path component looks as if it's missing, and those are only the "remnants" generated by unity so to say.

PS:
If none of that works, try searching in your project window for AstarPath. Then remove the weird AstarPath component from the A* gameObject and drag the one you found in the project onto the A* gameObject. See if it's still not working.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 11:18:25 AM by kiriri »
Best,
Sven

geoquav

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2013, 11:22:32 AM »
The problem was my own mistake. I misunderstood Step 3 in the installation process.

3) load any test scene and restructuate for use with js (Select the A* gameObject and go to Settings/Editor in the inspector)

Just a suggestion to change to:

3)Go to A* Inspector -> Settings -> Editor -> Enable Js Support

Just for people like myself that are rule illiterate  :D.

Anyways, it is installed properly now. Also, if you go ahead and run the Playmaker files it will not allow you to place the old AStarPath.cs on the GameObject (A*).

kiriri

« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2013, 11:52:26 AM »
3)Go to A* Inspector -> Settings -> Editor -> Enable Js Support
"The first post now officially features rule-illeterat-friendly language."

As for the AstarPath script, did you drag it into the inspector of the gameObject? It's supposed to be drop-in-able just like every other component. Or did I misunderstand you there?
Best,
Sven

geoquav

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2013, 12:37:15 PM »
When I found the AStarPath.cs file in the Project folder and dragged it onto the A* object inspector it was giving me errors that I forget now, but I believe they pertained to the lack of JS capability.

kiriri

« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2013, 12:44:51 PM »
Im still not sure I get you there, but as long a it's working now (it is, right?) then everything's fine I guess :)
Best,
Sven

geoquav

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2013, 01:21:25 PM »
Yep, it's working. I just needed to be sure to enable JS before uploading the Playmaker assets for A*. If I didn't it pretty much broke it.

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2013, 04:55:04 PM »
Ok, Got it working in a new project, had playmaker, Astar, the playmaker actions and my game all good with no errors - until i switched to iOS platform :S
Now I get these errors and when I re open Unity, playmaker menu doesn't load:( .... so close to being back up and running.

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Addons/AStar/FsmPathfinding/helpers/FsmConverter.js(58,46): BCE0019: 'Value' is not a member of 'Object'.

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Addons/AStar/FsmPathfinding/helpers/FsmConverter.js(51,38): BCE0019: 'Value' is not a member of 'Object'.

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Addons/AStar/FsmPathfinding/helpers/FsmConverter.js(82,46): BCE0019: 'Value' is not a member of 'Object'.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:18:10 PM by LampRabbit »