playMaker

Author Topic: A* pathfinding (stable 0v841)  (Read 226730 times)

zoeyun520

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: A* pathfinding (beta)
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2013, 04:52:06 AM »
i use point graph make a scene just now, the seeker works well on mac and pc , but it does not work on ios,i don't know why. i have read the docimentation of 'Deploying for iphone' and done it like that , please help me.
My English is poor , sorry  :'(

kiriri

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2013, 05:24:25 AM »
A path was added in the last update, maybe the pro version isn't updated yet. In your project folder, go to playmaker/actions/addons/a star/wrapers and delete the FSMabpath script. it will likely be necessary in the next update but until then a paths should also be added to the pro version I think. Let me know if you get more errors. I'll probably update too soon, but right now I'm using the free version.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 05:28:38 AM by kiriri »
Best,
Sven

kiriri

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2013, 05:26:22 AM »
i use point graph make a scene just now, the seeker works well on mac and pc , but it does not work on ios,i don't know why. i have read the docimentation of 'Deploying for iphone' and done it like that , please help me.
My English is poor , sorry  :'(
The newest action package should not require you to use any seekers whatsoever. Have you tried the new actions?
Best,
Sven

PIXELCRY

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2013, 06:14:34 AM »
thank you for the answer, i deleted the file then he tell me same error on an other file so i deleted too then he tell me same error..so finally i have no action for playmaker ! :D i wil wait an update

kiriri

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2013, 10:18:41 AM »
the version I'm using is 3.2.3. Are you sure there is no more recent version available for pro?
Best,
Sven

zoeyun520

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2013, 11:43:21 PM »
My English is poor , sorry  :'(
The newest action package should not require you to use any seekers whatsoever. Have you tried the new actions?

Thanks for the help!
Show you the staff:
these are my scene ,FSM and the actions in the FSM. It worked well in unity Debug mode, but i built a .exe or a dmg file it did not work , and stopped at the "creat path" state. What's wrong with my project?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 11:52:50 PM by zoeyun520 »

kiriri

« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2013, 02:35:09 AM »
I'm checking those right now. I haven't tried building yet but I think I can guess the problem. I'll reply again once I've hopefully solved it
Best,
Sven

zoeyun520

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2013, 04:21:43 AM »
I'm checking those right now. I haven't tried building yet but I think I can guess the problem. I'll reply again once I've hopefully solved it

OK,I' m waiting for u.

kiriri

« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2013, 03:17:13 PM »
My solution turned out to be correct: Despite of what the API says the editor folders are completely ignored when building. So luckily Aaron has implemented a way to solve this.

Upgrade instructions :

1) Create a new project.
2) Import aaron's package
3) open any test scene and select the A* gameObject.
4) Press the button to restructuate for use with javascript
5) Import PlayMaker
6) Import the new package in these attachments
7) Import everything else from your old package
8) Change the object types of your variables (eg. from FsmPathfinding/FsmNode to FsmNode)

and yes, I did try to keep the structure... but there seems to be no way whatsoever to assign namespaces to javascripts, at least not in a way for them to show up in a subcategory in PlayMaker. And I tried for hours... :S

There are also some new updates and added actions, like get and set path info and AstarPath. Likely more but I'm too tired to check them right now.

Also, this will likely not be the last time you guys will have to update the object types of the variables. I fully intend to turn them back into FsmPathfinding/XXX s , just because without a category I find it very hard to look at.

Hope this works for you too.
Best,
Sven

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2013, 08:17:09 PM »
Im getting...

"Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Addons/AStar/FsmPathfinding/smoothPath.js(8,8): BCE0021: Namespace 'SmipleSmoothModifier' not found, maybe you forgot to add an assembly reference?"

Fiddlesticks!

Not sure what an assembly reference is, I opened the .js and don't know where the modifier would be.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

zoeyun520

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2013, 09:30:15 PM »
Im getting...

"Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Addons/AStar/FsmPathfinding/smoothPath.js(8,8): BCE0021: Namespace 'SmipleSmoothModifier' not found, maybe you forgot to add an assembly reference?"

Fiddlesticks!

Not sure what an assembly reference is, I opened the .js and don't know where the modifier would be.
I got the same problem too.

zoeyun520

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2013, 10:32:23 PM »
Thanks, kiriri. It worked !

kiriri

« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2013, 01:06:12 AM »
Great, a typo! Open the script and change the line 8 to SimpleSmoothModifier  instead of SmipleSmoothModifier. It's a mystery why I didn't get that error too ^^ I'll post another updated package this evening.
Best,
Sven

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2013, 01:38:27 AM »
Great, a typo! Open the script and change the line 8 to SimpleSmoothModifier  instead of SmipleSmoothModifier. It's a mystery why I didn't get that error too ^^ I'll post another updated package this evening.

derp, thats my typo.

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Addons/AStar/FsmPathfinding/smoothPath.js(8,8): BCE0021: Namespace 'SimpleSmoothModifier' not found, maybe you forgot to add an assembly reference?

Tried reimporting in a different order, didnt seem to work. Herm...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 01:54:23 AM by Lane »
Products by Cleverous

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2013, 02:14:52 AM »
Ahh there we go.

Had to click the A* object in the scene and enable js.
Products by Cleverous