playMaker

Author Topic: A* pathfinding (stable 0v841)  (Read 226770 times)

Skermunkel

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: A* pathfinding (stable 0v841)
« Reply #330 on: March 07, 2014, 09:37:07 AM »
It seems the Node class in GraphNode.cs is Obsolete and has been replaced with GraphNode, so I fixed that error by just commenting out the empty Node class.

Im still having a problem with the last one though:

Assets/Plugins/AstarPathfindingProject/Generators/NodeClasses/MeshNode.cs(6,22): error CS0101: The namespace `Pathfinding' already contains a definition for `MeshNode'

RowdyMrB

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #331 on: March 09, 2014, 06:35:19 PM »
I read through the forum and and installed the GitHub package and had a number of namespace errors. I believe I have gotten everything fixed with the exception of a namespace error in FsmNodeRunData.cs.  As listed below:

using Pathfinding;
namespace HutongGames.PlayMaker.Pathfinding
{
    public class FsmNodeRunData : FsmVariableWrapper<NodeRunData>{}
}

mweyna

« Reply #332 on: March 13, 2014, 03:50:18 PM »
So I'm still running the older version before this upgrade nonsense, but whenever i build my client, I get the following error -

"NullReferenceException: No AstarPath object found in the scene. Make sure there is one or do not create paths in Awake"

Any idea how to fix it?

mweyna

« Reply #333 on: March 17, 2014, 04:20:14 PM »
So I fixed it by just copying and using the A* setup object from the pathfinding scene, seemed to resolve all my problems. Not sure why, but solved.

GrandAlchemist

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #334 on: May 10, 2014, 08:29:00 PM »
Just out of curiosity, how hard is it to get a* pathfinding to work with playmaker?? IS it possible for someone like me (with not much programming experience) to get the most out of a* pathfinding with playmaker???

daplunk

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #335 on: May 10, 2014, 09:10:15 PM »
I'm also super keen to find a way to work with A* Pathfinding Project in Playmaker. I've had a look at the Unity Pro pathfinding features and it's not robust enough as it can't handle re-baking at run-time.

I've read through this entire post and it looks like all functionality is broken due to a number of run-time errors.

TrentSterling

• Junior Playmaker
  • Someday I'll make games!
    • My Blog
« Reply #336 on: May 11, 2014, 12:35:03 AM »
I don't think I can make as robust of a library- however, I have a few pathfinding actions that depend on the Seeker.cs from the A* library. It's pretty generic.

Essentially it handles getting a list of nodes. You'd have to use PlayMaker magic to LookAt the next node, and either Force or MoveTo the target.

I might do a character controller and rigidbody implementation with speed/velocities and whatnot, but I prefer my actions to be super generic.  :(

daplunk

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #337 on: May 12, 2014, 06:14:19 AM »
Actually I stumbled upon your blog / videos during the many hours spent searching for a working set of actions. I like the sound of the simplified approach. All I've been trying to do is feed a game object variable into the AIPath script that's attached to a seeker object but alas, apparently not as simple as it looks in my head.

Grofit

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #338 on: June 04, 2014, 12:37:14 PM »
Hey all,

I was hoping that Kiriri would be back on by now but he must still be busy with other stuff.

If it helps anyone I wrote my own set of actions, but they are no where near as complete as these ones and they are also used slightly differently. One of the main differences is the way the actions are broken up, so rather than having a MoveTo action which encompasses the whole "Create a Path", "Get the next node", "Move to that position" it now forces you to do each step explicitly, as in the real world movement is not just movement. It is mecanim animations and AI updating and physics checking etc.

It was only written as a prototype, so it may not be as performant as this one nor as easy to use, however if people are stuck (as I was) then I am happy to open the repository up to the public, however it currently only supports the pro version. It is not a massive job to create a free version from it, but was never planning to make it public.

If there is no need then hold out for this to get updated, but if you are really in need of something to get the latest playmaker and A* working together then this can at least tide you over. Let me know if anyone wants to test etc and I will put in links and remove some custom assets I was using.

mweyna

« Reply #339 on: June 05, 2014, 08:09:25 PM »
I had hoped Kiriri back faster too, I've basically just stopped updating to keep my existing legacy version running. Any chance you can add this to your to-do list super programmer Jean?

Grofit

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #340 on: June 07, 2014, 07:35:06 AM »
If anyone does want to try an alternative in the meantime then here is the other one I was working on. Although like mentioned before it has slightly different use-cases than these current actions. Look at the examples if you want to see how it has been done but should be self explanatory.

Like the github one I ported just take the release in the dist folder, it has been tested with the latest A* (3.4.0.6) and all the simple stuff works.

https://bitbucket.org/grofit/astar-playmaker-actions

terri

• terrivellmann.tumblr.com
« Reply #341 on: June 17, 2014, 10:25:44 AM »
Any tips on upgrading from Unity 4.3 to 4.51?
Everything seems to work at first (I can run the game in editor just fine), but when I try to build things fall apart.

After following this: http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=7454.0

I now have all these errors:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/226993/pm_error.png

I should note that everything runs and builds fine on 4.3
Any ideas on how to fix this?

edit: seems I was using a c fix for a js action
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 10:50:57 AM by terri »

IceMaker

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #342 on: June 25, 2014, 05:16:15 AM »
It's unfortunate that the playmaker commands are obsolete, is this the only decent pathfinding solution available at the moment?

The Unity Navmesh seems to not have the efficiency to recalculate paths on the fly (looping through possible targets to run away from a player whom may be blocking certain hallways for instance, that requires the distance of player and character to be figured.)

Sly

« Reply #343 on: July 04, 2014, 09:20:36 AM »
Yep, it could be cool to have feedback from the dev, because now we can't use it anymore.

It could be great to have some news about that.

gozda

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #344 on: October 29, 2014, 08:08:27 PM »
Can't add component 'AstarPath' because it doesn't exist.

How to fix that?