playMaker

Author Topic: AI Computer Player  (Read 400 times)

misterjuly

AI Computer Player
« on: January 29, 2023, 09:09:59 PM »
Hello,

I have a 2-player fighting game and I am considering making an AI computer player for it. However, I have no idea how to do this. My best guess is to have global events that fire when certain triggers are activated and have some things be randomized. If there are any resources on how to make a computer player for a fighting game using playmaker (I don't know how to code), that would be great.

Thanks!

misterjuly

Re: AI Computer Player
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2023, 10:14:04 PM »
Another route that I could take is the ai learning approach where the computer starts off dumb and plays countless times and slowly gets better. Would this be a good option and how would I do this? Could I scale time so that it could run more simulations faster? Thanks!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: AI Computer Player
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 01:31:38 AM »
Hi.
Ai learning setup will be a lot more complex to setup and can have unexpected behaviors.

its probably best to do this step by step.

first make a system for the Ai movement (moving toward the player / rotating toward player)

Then for example defense system (when player attack, do block / roll)

Then for example attack system (detect player every x millisecond, when far, have a chance to do a ranged attack. when close do close attack. when player is doing a certain attack, do counter attack, and so on.