playMaker

Author Topic: Hi, I'm having a really weird scene problem that seems to have something to do w  (Read 1164 times)

baowei

• Playmaker Newbie
We are using multiple scenes, and the last inactive scene has three objects mounted with playmaker,When entering PlayMode, the last scene will randomly lose one or more Playmaker objects,The Console window displays the warning log: Failed to unpersist. When I exit the playmode, the lost object will not be recovered

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Hi.
if you reload the scene the object should be back.

its a bug that have been a long time already in unity (2017 version and up as far as i know, might be even older)

Best thing to do is to have some kind of version control like Github (desktop)
or copy your project (backup) somewhere else regularly.

baowei

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi.
if you reload the scene the object should be back.

its a bug that have been a long time already in unity (2017 version and up as far as i know, might be even older)

Best thing to do is to have some kind of version control like Github (desktop)
or copy your project (backup) somewhere else regularly.

Ok, I'm looking to see if there's a way to avoid this problem, because it doesn't happen when I use a brand new empty project.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Hi.
it has to do with multiple scenes enabled during playmode and happens in projects without playmaker as well (see unity forums)

if it happens, then you remove the scene and load back the scene it should show the objects again, but on my end if i play and stop again it seems to break again.
unless I restart unity.

best option is to have some kind of version control.
so you can always revert any changes

Filto

• Playmaker Newbie
We have encountered this bug as well. It started when we incorporated playmaker in our project. Which is unfortunate since I have been pushing to the team how awesome playmaker is for rapid prototyping. Dammit!  ;)

Anyway what I have noticed is that this only happens when the playmaker editor window is open and you hit play. If you close it before hitting play we are fine. But it also makes debugging and development really hard. Also reloading the scene afterwards will lead to a unity crash...

Our devs is digging into this and hopefully they find a solution.

Edit: So setting the scene that contains the playmaker scripts to active worked for us it seems.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 12:05:35 PM by Filto »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Hi.
So far I had this bug in multiple cases, even in projects without playmaker.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Hi.
I can confrim that this happens in 1.9.0 and below as well.

But its a unity issue, not PlayMaker, but it can trigger faster if you edit pm during playmode (which you should avoid, as it would be like editing Code without stopping the game)

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Hi.
I have been using unity 10 years already and it happens with and without playmaker projects.

But it does seem to happen more when i have multiple scenes open, have a object selected with a playmaker fsm and playmaker window visible.

I think it has to do with their Guid reference system and editor refresh.

Our main project is still on 1.9.0 and it happened several times on that project as well.