playMaker

Author Topic: When we have a lot of events, some of them are missing from the selection list  (Read 825 times)

acknickulous

• Playmaker Newbie
We have *A LOT* of global events. Trying to select them from that scrolling list quickly becomes a chore. But what we've started to notice is some of the events don't actually show up in the list a anymore. Is this a bug?

As an aside--I think PM needs a new way of selecting events for when you have a ton of them. Maybe some kind of event search box or a list control dialog box that pops up and lets you copy/paste from it.

Here's the direct description of the bug from my developer:

"If I manually add the event by string to the local FSM, the send event can pick from the local list and send correctly. The global list is losing references to some events that previously were available"

Perhaps there's a way to rebuild / refresh the list?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 01:24:55 PM by acknickulous »

acknickulous

• Playmaker Newbie
I think essentially we have so many global events that we've hit a hard limit in the event list context menu. Is there another way to add a global transition without using that context menu? Or is there a quick patch you can make to up the number of entries in that?

TBH it's annoying to have to scroll through tons of events one by one under CustomEvents using that menu.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Hi.
to group events names, use a /
For example Player/Jump  Player/Run
You can do this for variables as well.

I am not sure, but I believe the hard limit (1000) is from unity's Popup (EditorGUILayout.Popup) not Playmaker.

You have also Send Event By Name, but you need to make sure yourself that the names are correct.

But how come you got so many global events?
Maybe you should review your code setup, as I think performance wise this is not good as well to have that many global events.