playMaker

Author Topic: Event sending changing state  (Read 830 times)

ragnarokrose

• Playmaker Newbie
Event sending changing state
« on: February 04, 2023, 11:44:13 PM »
Good day people

Have a question, for some reason, out of the blue, the FSM stopped working, no matter what event I select, it seems is never broadcasted and the machine won't move to the next state

I made a quick test with a WAIT action of 3 secs then move to next state, it just never changes to the next step

Any ideas what could be the problem? it suddenly started happening, everything was fine this morning, two hours later, bam, this, and there's a lot of places we use the FSM, so the whole game is broken now... any suggestion is appreciated

When debugging, I can see the method is actually being sent to the FSM.Event method, but it does nothing, I created a small test project and everything worked fine, it's just this one project the one failing
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 11:50:51 PM by ragnarokrose »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Event sending changing state
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2023, 07:26:36 AM »
Hi.
are you using the fsm as a template?
if so, did you make some changes on it?
If so, the template on fsms that uses it may not be updated correctly.

if its a fsm on a prefab, try this :
Select all states and copy (ctrl C) then on the fsm component press the gear and reset.
Then paste back the states.

before doing anything, make a backup first, also consider using some version control like github (desktop) so you can revert any changes

ragnarokrose

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2023, 12:11:54 PM »
Thank you djaydino

Actually I was using default templates, but still the thing didn't work, found the issue after a couple hours 'tho, I had turned on Enter Play Mode Options

If this is turned on, the FSM won't broadcast the events correctly for some reason, if you are affiliated with Playmaker maybe you could let them know about this because it's very confusing

Thanks for the help!

RR

emildragan

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2023, 11:05:28 AM »
I also have this problem, I made a separate topic on this problem, but no answer.

When Enter play mode is turned on, almost everything from Playmaker stops working.

I hope someone will investigate on this.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2023, 01:54:30 PM »
Hi.
Alex is aware of the issue but there is no simple solution for this, as parts of the pm data is not updated/loaded with this setting.

it probably need the wholes system to be rewritten.
But Pm 2 is in the making and will probably support this setting :)