playMaker

Author Topic: Global events replacing  (Read 775 times)

matthutton

• Playmaker Newbie
Global events replacing
« on: February 10, 2023, 03:21:08 PM »
I'm having a lot of trouble with globals in my project. Global events are reassigning to new one across my project. This is absolutely causing havoc. So I'll have a global event on many FSMs and all of the sudden, they switch to a new global event. I find that I can't keep the global variables pallet open while working - that feels related.

This isn't just happening in one project. Is there anything I can do to make Global events and variables more reliable?

Unity 2021.3.17f1
Playmaker Welcome displays 1.94

Update:
Just happened again. Playmaker lost track of a variable and substituted the references - breaking the logic. At this point my project is feeling fragile.

Anyone know what is triggering this? It may have something to do with working in prefabs.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 04:45:04 PM by matthutton »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Global events replacing
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 12:50:23 AM »
Hi.
It seems to happen to me before, when you set a global variable and then use undo.

But i minimized using globals by using only a few and only game object.

for example 1 global for Player, then on that player i have a "Data" fsm with the variables i need to access globally.

then use Get/Set Fsm Variables (there are more fsm action on the ecosystem like for example Fsm Bool Test)

matthutton

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2023, 03:36:50 PM »
I think I'm ready to migrate to that pattern to avoid globals. They seem unstable and unreliable. How about global events? Can we avoid those as well?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2023, 01:49:57 PM »
Hi.
So far I did not have issues with Global Events.

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2023, 01:11:26 PM »
I did, avoid anything global related like plague.
Available for Playmaker work