playMaker

Author Topic: Translate (transfer/move) - mouse problem [SOLVED]  (Read 351 times)

Maddy

• Playmaker Newbie
Translate (transfer/move) - mouse problem [SOLVED]
« on: March 24, 2023, 03:53:44 AM »
I have followed the Hutong Games drag and drop UI tutorial on YT.

The problem I'm having is, when I move the GO, the GO and the mouse speed don't match, the direction matches, but not the speed. The GO is racing around like crazy, and I'm barely moving the mouse at all. The GO also wants to snap to "a grid"(?) and other GOs, I'm moving the mouse ever so slightly, barely at all.

I have followed the tut to the letter, what could be wrong? The states work for dragging the GO, they lit up correctly... being dragged, mouse is still, mouse button up (dropped), it's only the speed of the GO and mouse that doesn't match.

This is the video I'm following:

« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 03:51:17 PM by Maddy »
I'm an artist with poor memory and brain fog trying to make a game. Please wish me luck! :-D

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Translate (transfer/move) - mouse problem
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 12:20:11 PM »
Hi.
Double check Canvas settings

Maddy

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Translate (transfer/move) - mouse problem [SOLVED)
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 03:50:06 PM »
Hi djaydino!

Thanks so much for the help. I usually have canvas set to Screen Space - Camera, but changed it to Overlay and that fixed it! Works perfectly.
I'm an artist with poor memory and brain fog trying to make a game. Please wish me luck! :-D

justifun

• 1.2 Beta
Re: Translate (transfer/move) - mouse problem [SOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2023, 06:53:58 PM »
I'm having the same issue but changing it to Screen Space - Overlay didn't fix it for me.