playMaker

Author Topic: Does anyone have the link to download the animated robot Model?  (Read 5369 times)

michaelwwswr

• Playmaker Newbie
Does anyone have the link to download the animated robot Model?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Does anyone have the link to download the animated robot Model?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 07:52:35 AM »
Hi,

What animated robot are speaking about? can you precise?

bye,

Jean

michaelwwswr

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 08:48:05 PM »
         Hi Jean, I found what I was searching for,  But I have another question about TargetPro
I am confused I was looking at other options on the asset store, but I'm hesitant because I spoke with the guys at TargetPro and they said that they are not familiar with Target Pro and Playmaker and couldnot assistant ,And they also said that we would still need to make the bullet move, Which is the problem that I am having. (TargetPro exact words > Regarding Playmaker, I believe it is fully integrated but I didn't test it. If you buy TargetPRO and can't use it with Playmaker I can give you a refund. I only ask that you try it and work with them before giving up and that you also don't take too long. A week or two would be fine I think.

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to help with Playmaker related support though, so you'd have to get on their forums for that. I would love to hear all about it though.

Regarding the question about your character. The answer is yes. You can add the TargetTracker and FireController components to the character's top parent and then use the gun as the "emitter" for the fire controller. It is up to you to make the character and bullets move, but the emitter can be used to actually spawn and manage the ammo.
.)
not to mention  there are no sufficient tutorials on how to use PlayMaker with TargetPro,

My question is-  Will the custom Action Rayshoot that you made work with TargetPro?

I would purchase it right now or anything else that would help solve my problem.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 08:50:55 PM by michaelwwswr »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 01:14:12 AM »
Hi,

Yes, I am the one who ported TargetPro to PlayMaker so the guys at TargetPro simply helped me with understanding how TargetPro is working, so if you have questions on how to integrate TargetPro and how to use it  with PlayMaker, Don't hesitate to post to this forum and to me directly if you want.

What is rayShoot action? can you precise?

bye,

Jean

michaelwwswr

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 02:29:01 AM »
you made a custom Action call shoot.

better yet tell me this  How do we set up third person enemy to shoot at the player do we

Create an Emtpy gameObject, As a spawn point and attach it to the gun, then create a bullet. or how is it done. that's all I need to know is how to shoot the gun with play maker and Target pro I am ready to purchase .

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 04:46:58 AM »
Hi,

Yes, you can use the shoot action, but I don't think it's what you want.

Do you want a bullet that seek the player? Or do you want to shoot in the direction of the target at the time of shoot?

TargetPro doesn't give you a system to animate the bullet, instead it gives you a system to detect targets, fire and apply damages, what the bullet or weapon is behaving during the firing then is really up to you, it can be a simple animation to move the bullet in a straight line, and if it hits something good, else it's destroyed after a certain distance or time. It can be a "laser" kind of weapon that damage the target straight away, it can be a seeking bullet that would follow the target ( like the one I have done in the sample of targetPro port to playmaker).

Basically, their main page is really explaining very well what TargetPro is about, so it helps managing target tracking and firing rate control as well as damages. you then implement the weapon behaviour when a fire action is triggered.

http://targetpro.path-o-logical.com/

bye,

Jean

michaelwwswr

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 05:00:37 AM »
 i'm sorry Jean i do not mean to give you a hard time. Yes, Jean I want the bullet to seek the player, I do not know how to acheive that . , I have the movement and animations of the enemy working well.  I down loaded your Intergrated Playmaker & TargetPro package but I can not open it without TargetPro. I watched All of the video's on targetPro, And I read the documetation which confused me, That's why I haven't purchased it yet I do not understand it.  I wrote several Javascripts, to shoot at the player , but they do not work the way I need them to.

I hope I am not over thinking TargetPro.   you mentioned, TargetPro doesn't give  a system to animate the bullet, instead it gives you a system to detect targets, fire and apply damages,  It sounds simple , Do you have an Example that I can see? I just want to know how to apply TargetPro to my enemy. if I do not have to use a bullet that's fine .
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 05:53:14 AM by michaelwwswr »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 06:16:58 AM »
Hi,

If you don't have targetpro, then the examples will not work unfortunatly...

I have made the demo I did as a simple webplayer, just for you to see how the bullet is seeking the target.
http://www.fabrejean.net/projects/Unity/PlayMaker/TargetPro/targetProSeekTargetDemo.html

your problem is indeed not related to TargetPro, simply work out the following:

have a target always moving, and fire a bullet that seek that target. this is where you need to start with PlayMaker, when you have that working, you can then use TargetPro to define when to fire and to what targets with what damages when hit. that's what TargetPo will bring on the table for you.

bye,

Jean

michaelwwswr

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 07:12:37 AM »
Jean I saw the webPlayer demo. I actually need viversed. In other words I want the player to be the target.  And insted of a stationary turret shooting at the player I want my third person enemy character to shoot at and damage the player. my enemy character is Animated, I have my third person character walking around using waypoints untill he sees the player then the enemy runs towards the player and start shooting at the player. so I thought that I could set up TargetPro on my third person enemy character. This is what I want to do, 
raycast hit would be better  because the enemy will be walking around using WayPoints.I   been trying to figure out how to get raycast hit to work using playmaker. I have been working on it so long and I have a deadline  so I start search for other solutions.  I just cant see TargetPro doing what I need done , unless I am truly missing something.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 11:04:24 AM »
Hi,

I am not really sure that you have a clear distinction between your enemy and your third person enemy. Are you in a multi player environment?

Of course you can apply this to any of your gameObjects, TargetPro is not about making turrets firing at spheres. You have to extrapolate on what you see :)

yes, you can declare anything to be a target tracker, and anything including a target tracker to be a target as well. Then you can define your projectile ( the meta data of it) and how it will damage and affect the target when hit with your own custom damage properties and values.

Have you glanced through the docs? this will also help you getting a better understanding of the theory behing Target pro.
http://docs.targetpro.path-o-logical.com/home/overview

michaelwwswr

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 11:45:46 AM »
 I'm working on a FPS single player game , I refer to the player character as being controlled by the person playing the Game  I refer to the enemy as the character that shoots at the player character ,
 I refer to third person enemy as a fully rigged 3d model with Animations, such as walk ,run Idle etc. of a person.
 Thanks Jean .
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 12:11:23 PM by michaelwwswr »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 12:38:44 PM »
Hi,

ok, then, you would set up your player as "targetable" and all your ennemies would have a "targetTracker" set to detect your player with a certain perimeter and fire at will then ( or given some other configuration possible within TargetPro)

as for different ennemy they will have different weapons, so you can define and attribute different "projectile" to be fired by given ennemies and you would define within these projectile how they affect the player.

The part you would have to design yourself will be how the projectile behaves when fired and how it seeks the player.

If you go with targetPro, don't hesitate to come back to this forum ( actually even if you don't use Targetpro), and we will gladly help out if you have issues or if you need certain additions to TargetPro or custom PlayMaker Actions to progress in your game.

bye,

Jean

michaelwwswr

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 01:55:14 PM »
Thanks Jean,

just so I am clear , I already designed  the bullets, projectiles and weapons  prefabs will I need to hand write the scripts ?

« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 03:07:55 PM by michaelwwswr »