playMaker

Author Topic: Delay between transitions causes jerkiness  (Read 2204 times)

bkups2003

• Playmaker Newbie
Delay between transitions causes jerkiness
« on: November 14, 2012, 02:44:08 AM »
Hello,

I'm new with playmaker and i love it so far. But i have been having a problem with jerkiness in the following:

I'm working on moving a block along an axis at a speed of 1 when a button is pressed. There is no problem with how it is set up, but when the block reaches the destination and it's time to check for input again, there is a short delay when doing the transitions between the "check for input" and "move" states. To test this, i put the block into a loop that uses "iTween Move By" over and over and watched it move. I measured about a 0.02 or 0.03 second delay each time it starts the action again. Is there a way to get rid of this delay so the block will continue to move smoothly without jerkiness as long as the button is held down, at a rate of 1 along the axis?

Or perhaps a way for the block to move continually and stop at a rounded up whole number (to imitate it moving at a speed of 1).

Thanks.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Delay between transitions causes jerkiness
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 02:48:57 AM »
hi,

Are you testing this inside the editor? Have you tested it when published? Unity Editor and PlayMaker Editor do impact on performances.

I have created a "Game View Only" Unity layout, where litteraly, I removed all tabs and I am only left with the gameView, then when I press play, this is the closest I can get in terms of performances with minimal editor impact.

Now, what you seem to measure if the performance hit form using iTween which creates and destroys components, and its know as having an impact on perfs. Do you have a lot of things going on in the scene or just that test?

bye,

Jean

bkups2003

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 03:14:24 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tested this with just a plane and a cube. I built the project just now to test it and it has the same problem.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 04:50:49 AM »
Hi,

ok, can you share the scene? I will double check

bye,

Jean