playMaker

Author Topic: Unity 2023 console warnings  (Read 755 times)

UltraEpicElite

• Playmaker Newbie
Unity 2023 console warnings
« on: July 11, 2023, 10:26:58 AM »
There are 12 console warnings in unity 2023.  This command has been depreciated.  So can someone give the code fixes?

Assets\PlayMaker Utils\Editor\PlayMakerEditorUtils.cs(270,24): warning CS0618: 'PlayerSettings.GetScriptingDefineSymbolsForGroup(BuildTargetGroup)' is obsolete: 'Use GetScriptingDefineSymbols(NamedBuildTarget buildTarget) instead'

Assets\PlayMaker\Editor\DefinesHelper.cs(84,27): warning CS0618: 'PlayerSettings.GetScriptingDefineSymbolsForGroup(BuildTargetGroup)' is obsolete: 'Use GetScriptingDefineSymbols(NamedBuildTarget buildTarget) instead'

Assets\net.fabrejean\Editor\Common\Utils.cs(274,25): warning CS0618: 'PlayerSettings.GetScriptingDefineSymbolsForGroup(BuildTargetGroup)' is obsolete: 'Use GetScriptingDefineSymbols(NamedBuildTarget buildTarget) instead'

« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 11:39:06 AM by UltraEpicElite »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Unity 2023 console warnings
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2023, 02:51:53 PM »
Hi.
The code still works, only they are set to be removed in a later unity version.

UltraEpicElite

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2023, 11:32:44 PM »
and that's why they are warnings and not errors.  However, can someone supply the code to fix them?  I've fixed some of them myself, but not sure how to fix these.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2023, 09:41:26 AM »
Hi.
There is no need yet to fix them,
If you update playmaker again your changes might be reverted.

Before the deprecated code gets removed (probably Unity 2025+) im sure playmaker will have updated those.

UltraEpicElite

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2023, 08:00:39 PM »
Thanks for the update.  So back to my question.  Is there anyone that knows how to change the code with the warnings to get them compliant with Unity?  I'd like to have a fresh console, plus I have tons of the same warnings from other plugins.  Some of those plug-ins are no longer on the asset store so i have to get them working myself.  It's the same errors.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2023, 10:15:24 AM »
Hi.
It depends on the warnings, but it will be hard if you have little or no experience with C#

in console tab you can select, not to show logs/warnings/error (icon on the right side of the search bar)
you can turn it of and only turn of if you need it.

It's the same errors.
just to be clear, yellow are warnings, and if they are deprecating warning, the scripts are still working fine.
Red are Errors :)