playMaker

Author Topic: Character floats with Controller simple move. PLEASE HELP!! (video)  (Read 268 times)

jermerqua

• Playmaker Newbie
Please help! I have been staring at this for 3 days now and am stuck... or I should say my character is stuck every time he gets airborne. So walking off platforms or jumping off ramps. I have no idea why but has something to do with tehe 'contro simple move'. Not so 'simple move' I guess ;-)

Here is a video I recorded of my exact issue and the playmaker setup...

I largely used this tutorial which was awesomely helpful for what I was trying to achieve, BUT as soon as i apply this darn "Controller simple move" everything goes funky. Also, the set position didn't seem to work as it should even though I had clicked on "every frame". My charatcer seemed to still drift on platform unti i checked "late update" box but unsure what that did and why it didn't work without it.

So lots to learn I know but please... i could really use some help on this one. I've searched around and have not found any good answers to this one.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Character floats with Controller simple move. PLEASE HELP!! (video)
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 09:15:23 AM »
Hi.
Have you tried to play around with the jump values like the fall multiplier for example.

jermerqua

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Character floats with Controller simple move. PLEASE HELP!! (video)
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2023, 09:23:25 AM »
It occurs when I simply walk off the platform. No need to even jump so the jump or gravity multiplier not affecting.