PlayMaker News > General Discussion

Nested Prefabs

<< < (3/3)

jeanfabre:
Hi,

Don't worry about the logs, they are actually from the LoadLevel action. You could simply comment them out on the action script, but I would not recommand it as this gives you a good indication of what is going on in the background.

Asnyhronous world management is a beast. So yes, be prepared... I would recommand getting as much documentation and read forum threads on google and UDN to get a good idea of where to go and what are the pitfalls and other areas to watch out for.

bye,

Jean

FractalCore:
But in using asynchronous level loading, is it supposed to freeze the game while it loads. Or is the action not working.

The information I found suggested asynchronous loading is for use on a static loading screen. So you wouldn't notice a pause and then it continues once the level has loaded. Is this suitable for what I'm attempting with a continuous landscape.

jeanfabre:
Hi,

In my experience, you will get some freeze time, I never was able to load smoothly any big assets... maybe I am just missing the obvious tho.

It's not related to PlayMaker usage, so if you do experience gamePlay freeze, I suggest you get in touch with Unity forums and Unity answers to get a feel of what is the expected behavior. Thos Maybe someone from this forum will have a better experience on this topic.

bye,

Jean

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version