PlayMaker Updates & Downloads > Pre-release Discussion

Translate playmaker

(1/4) > >>

Damian:
Me and some other do translate Playmaker to other language.
We are facing some issues. ::)
The problem we have is that some words that I feel never should be translated.
So far I can see those words bellow never should be translated.
Feel free to suggest more words you feel should always be on English.

-- GameObject
-- FSM
-- Gizmo
-- Float
-- Int
-- Vector3 Vector2
-- Child
[EDIT]
-- Frame ?
-- Log ?
-- Template ?
-- Assets  ( the project's folder) ?

Alex Chouls:
Maybe the rule of thumb should be if a term is part of the Unity or Playmaker API it should not be translated...?

Damian:

--- Quote from: Alex Chouls on November 19, 2012, 09:38:03 AM ---Maybe the rule of thumb should be if a term is part of the Unity or Playmaker API it should not be translated...?

--- End quote ---

I guess that, but I think we should make a standard that all use.
ex. both state and action is different in all language and those is used a lot in playmaker.
But I am not sure that is a good idea.
int, bool, float etc should not be translated, but that is very easy to understand that you should not translate.

My point whit this is to make a standard on how to translate, before more do it.
Then it would also be more easy for others to.

DARK_ETERNAL:
Which languages, specifically?

FSM (Finite State Machine) in spanish would be MEF (Máquina de Estado Finito), but, as Chouls says, it's pointless to try to translate specific API terms. However, words like Int, Float, etc, are common for programmers, so they surely will know them, whichever be their native language. As for artists and such, it might be enough to translate each type description, instead of names?

Damian:

--- Quote from: DARK_ETERNAL on November 19, 2012, 10:06:17 AM ---Which languages, specifically?

FSM (Finite State Machine) in spanish would be MEF (Máquina de Estado Finito), but, as Chouls says, it's pointless to try to translate specific API terms. However, words like Int, Float, etc, are common for programmers, so they surely will know them, whichever be their native language. As for artists and such, it might be enough to translate each type description, instead of names?

--- End quote ---

I am translate playmaker to Swedish.

Yes I think its good to keep names like they are, but some stuff in playmaker is little harder to know if its a good way to translate them.
So my goal is to write them here in a list so there is more easy for other to.  :)

So shall we also translate "State", "Event" and "Action" ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version