playMaker

Author Topic: Get Rotation  (Read 1051 times)

TVISARL

• Junior Playmaker
Get Rotation
« on: February 17, 2024, 01:37:55 PM »
I need a "Wheel Collider Get World Pose " action.It is in the Ecosystem all right, but before using it I need te Wheel Collider's position and rotation. So I use "Get Rotation" and I specify as a parameter the Wheel Collider, which is defined as a Game Object in the FSM's variables.
Problem : I always get the simple version of "Get Rotation", the one with just the Game Object and the Space, when I need the full version, the one with the quaternion and the Euler angles.
Can you help? Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 04:15:24 PM by TVISARL »

TVISARL

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Get Rotation (2)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2024, 06:17:12 AM »
Well, I'm not complaining; I fully realize and understand that Playmaker is not only an extremely useful product; it is also very complex and these things do happen.
But I want to stress the fact that this is neither a product of my fevered imagination nor a reflection of my ridiculous, infantile and illiterate brain or whatever takes its place... This is a real, actual problem (see attachments).
You see, ambiguous action names are not just an amusing mishap; they are a serious, annoying and above all misleading problem that must be fixed.
I understand that the two versions of "Get Rotation" appear in different contexts, I not only ask which version appears in which context, I'm asking for a problem fix.
Thanks in advance to the Playmaker staff.

• Flashing Lights
Re: Get Rotation
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2024, 05:15:53 AM »
Hello, check if you have the "dim" turned off, see attached screenshot.

btw about the wheel collider, itself won't give any good results of position/rotation actions for it, as the collider component will stay on the game object, but the damping/spring/steering will happen on the collider separately. The pose action should work, so you get the pose and set it to mesh wheel that is not a child or parent to the wheel collider

TVISARL

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2024, 05:47:27 AM »
Thanks, 600. I don't see any problems in the hierarchy.
The rest of your comments is absolutely right, and I do that in a template used for my vehicle's wheels.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 05:54:00 AM by TVISARL »

• Flashing Lights
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2024, 09:11:55 AM »
Oh, it's not on hierarchy, but the Playmaker Editor the State tab has gear icon

TVISARL

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2024, 12:38:29 PM »
Found it, thanks. Is unchecked.

• Flashing Lights
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2024, 01:57:01 PM »
Sorry I thought the other option  ;D
New screenshot added, turn this off

TVISARL

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2024, 05:44:51 AM »
Many, many thanks to you, 600, my hero  :)!
Please have a look at the two attachments, both have been made a few minutes ago.
And now, let's be serious. In a former life I have been Software Customer Support Manager at Hewlett-Packard France, and as such I'm stunned.
First, I consider that in such a product having two different actions with the same name (one of which does nothing, if I am not mistaken), i.e ambiguous action names, is a serious design fault.
Second, for four days there have been no reactions of any kind from the Playmaker staff, for which I have no words. "Disappointed" doesn't even apply.
Extremely sorry about all this.

Problem solved. Sort of.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 05:53:01 AM by TVISARL »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2024, 06:21:56 AM »
Hi.
Ecosystem is not made by playmaker, its made by jean and the custom actions there are made by the community.

I would suggest you to join discord as there is a big friendly community there.