PlayMaker News > General Discussion

Get Rotation

(1/2) > >>

TVISARL:
I need a "Wheel Collider Get World Pose " action.It is in the Ecosystem all right, but before using it I need te Wheel Collider's position and rotation. So I use "Get Rotation" and I specify as a parameter the Wheel Collider, which is defined as a Game Object in the FSM's variables.
Problem : I always get the simple version of "Get Rotation", the one with just the Game Object and the Space, when I need the full version, the one with the quaternion and the Euler angles.
Can you help? Thanks in advance.

TVISARL:
Well, I'm not complaining; I fully realize and understand that Playmaker is not only an extremely useful product; it is also very complex and these things do happen.
But I want to stress the fact that this is neither a product of my fevered imagination nor a reflection of my ridiculous, infantile and illiterate brain or whatever takes its place... This is a real, actual problem (see attachments).
You see, ambiguous action names are not just an amusing mishap; they are a serious, annoying and above all misleading problem that must be fixed.
I understand that the two versions of "Get Rotation" appear in different contexts, I not only ask which version appears in which context, I'm asking for a problem fix.
Thanks in advance to the Playmaker staff.

600:
Hello, check if you have the "dim" turned off, see attached screenshot.

btw about the wheel collider, itself won't give any good results of position/rotation actions for it, as the collider component will stay on the game object, but the damping/spring/steering will happen on the collider separately. The pose action should work, so you get the pose and set it to mesh wheel that is not a child or parent to the wheel collider

TVISARL:
Thanks, 600. I don't see any problems in the hierarchy.
The rest of your comments is absolutely right, and I do that in a template used for my vehicle's wheels.

600:
Oh, it's not on hierarchy, but the Playmaker Editor the State tab has gear icon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version