playMaker

Author Topic: How do I change material properties in PlayMaker?  (Read 436 times)

alexsecl

• Playmaker Newbie
How do I change material properties in PlayMaker?
« on: March 03, 2024, 05:45:21 PM »
Hey, everybody,
My English is not very good, so I couldn't use the forum search properly to find the answer to my question.

Is it possible to change material properties through PlayMaker? For example floating value metallic or smoothness?

stigma

Re: How do I change material properties in PlayMaker?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 12:27:33 PM »
with Set Property Action.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 08:12:50 AM »
Use Set Material (property block) Float.  (Set Material Property Block Float. you can find on the Ecosystem)

Set Material Float will change the value on the material itself.
Set Material Property Block Float will change the value on the 'instance' material (aka on that object only)

The float name will probably be "_Metallic" but you can find the proper names by opening the shaders

Avoid using Get/Set Property Actions

alexsecl

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 10:24:18 AM »
Use Set Material (property block) Float.  (Set Material Property Block Float. you can find on the Ecosystem)

Set Material Float will change the value on the material itself.
Set Material Property Block Float will change the value on the 'instance' material (aka on that object only)

The float name will probably be "_Metallic" but you can find the proper names by opening the shaders

Avoid using Get/Set Property Actions

Thanks, I did it. 8)

FinneganBrock

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2024, 02:58:35 AM »
Thanks for answering, you made my day. Dear student, If you are in your student phase and need help with a management essay, then you can use the gem that I use for writing work. This website is called https://ukwritings.com/management-essay-help ukwritings. They are so good at their work, and the price is also affordable. Students can easily afford them.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 01:14:35 AM by FinneganBrock »