playMaker

Author Topic: New Comer + questions  (Read 591 times)

resistoyen

• Playmaker Newbie
New Comer + questions
« on: March 19, 2024, 09:45:42 AM »
Hello,

My name is Papir. First of all, i'm totally new to game development, but i'm learning. I discovered Playmaker & found out it's a great way for beginners to begin their journey.
Originally, i'm a writer and my wife is a sound designer.

By the way, here's my first question, as my wife does high quality work in sound design & she's looking for jobs. She never worked on games before, but mainly for theaters, marionettes shows, or video clips. I was wondering where to start to present her works or apply as a sound designer for indie devs. (Trust me, it's really high quality work).
Any advice would be great : if you're an awesome artistic sound designer, never worked in game developement but would like to, what should you do ?

Besides, my main questions are about the game i plan to develop and gamemaker, because i feel a bit confused about where, exactly, should i start ?
Well even before that, i'm also wondering if Unity is the best choice.. As the pricings seems to be an issue. But i'm not sure there is a better alternative for a beginner that unity+playmaker.

Also i'm wondering if i just should follow all the youtube tutorials before beginning ?
How much can i allow myself to ask questions on the discord or here if i'm in trouble without disturbing the community ?
Should i go on developing my game idea from the start ? Or just follow demos & tutos and simple stuff. And for how long before starting directly on my game idea ?

I guess you had some of these questions quite a lot of time, so sorry if i haven't searched the forum enough.

Thank you, per advance, for any reply !
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 10:10:40 AM by resistoyen »