PlayMaker Feedback > Feature Requests

Inter FSM event list and FSM -> Message with method call please?

<< < (3/4) > >>

KJIB:
Even more! I've now added ActivateGameObject as that obviously targets stuff beyond the FSM that can have quite an effect.

The Above tests were all on PC. I've now tested on a Mac too and it seems fine although the window is initially a tad too small, just resize it.

Let me know if you would like the scripts because I'm wondering if I'm just talking to myself  ;)

Alex Chouls:
Wow! These seem excellent! I haven't had a chance to play with them yet, but I'd love to host this on the playmaker addons wiki... Are you interested in access to this wiki?

KJIB:
Hi Alex,

I don't know that I will have any more time at the moment for the Wiki etc. I'm already working a full working week, other stuff at weekends and all evenings! I have placed some comments in the files and the "read me" to explain the basics.

New stuff in since my last post, I now fire up the Playmaker editor if it's not already open. This gets Playmaker initialised but perhaps there's a better way.

Here is the latest version (attached). It would be great if you are able to offer them to folks (so this way I know when I get a new Playmaker version it will be one less thing for me to integrate if you've done it...  ;D )! I think you could easily go way beyond what I've done. I did wonder about a more generic access to the Actions so that all actions could be supported without coding something special for each one... but I doubt I'll find any more time.

Zipped up scripts with a read me attached.

[Warning; begging ahead  ::) ] If you think this is a worthwhile effort, I could always use a full Playmaker licence for home too (let me know & I'll give you a different email etc. if that's what I'd need to do) as I only have it at work so far  :'( and that's fine if you don't want to do that too. If you are able to take on maintenance of this tool that would be nice and everyone's a winner.

Anyway, I hope it helps folks out. We've aleady used it on 3 of our larger projects to check stuff or find things we needed to fix and I think it helps everyone out, including me and our less technical designers who can also have more confidence to do much more complicated stuff & not worry so much about getting lost in it all when something does not behave. Another bonus is that when I pick up a broken project I can get to the bottom of what someone else has been doing in less time.

Like I say, you could go way beyond what I've done. I imagine a nice graphical thing like the Playmaker Editor with filters... I was tempted to recreate something in the scene but... time!

KJIB:
I notice that (although I thought I'd fixed it) you still need to have used Playmaker to view an FSM before my script can generate anything useful for you. This is a minor inconvinience so you can still use the tool now but I'd like to fix it.

What should I call in Playmaker (from my tool) so that the user does not need to do anything?

jeanfabre:
Hi,

Nice one! It's a very very good start (still a bit rough on the interface, but these things are ver difficult to design properly indeed :) ) , I have made an entry in the wiki, it's not only very useful as is, but it's also good to study your code for getting acquainted with PlayMaker API

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W714
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1026

I made it as a package, instead of a zip, which is the preferred way with Unity, a lot easier to get in the project Assets.

Bye,

Jean

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version