playMaker

Author Topic: Main Menu Help!  (Read 3073 times)

apple_man

• Playmaker Newbie
Main Menu Help!
« on: November 25, 2012, 06:53:15 PM »
Hi all, I'm new here and have only recently started using Playmaker. It's a fantastic tool to use and i'm learning very quickly. I am however still at the stage where i need tutorials to show me what to do.

My question is this, how do i make a main menu? So far I have two scenes in unity, a first level and a main menu. The main menu is a 2D graphic that I have applied to a simple cube. My plan then was to just put another empty cube infront of the play graphic, one in front of the options graphic etc.

Firstly, is that the easiest way to do things? Secondly, if it is, what playmaker script needs to be applied to each empty cube so that when the user clicks on it, it takes them to the next appropriate screen (first level, options menu). I'm thinking it must just be a mouse down event which then links you to the appropriate scene.

I have searched on this site and on google but i haven't come across what i need. Please, please can someone point me in the direction of a tutorial or just let me know how to achieve this.

Many thanks :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Main Menu Help!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 12:25:56 AM »
Hi,

What are your graphics in your scene? GUI textures? If so a simply use the MOUSEDOWN built event to know when the user click on this guitexture, and then use the action"load level" or "load level Num"

If you plan on doing complex 2d interface, NGUI or other similar 2d graphics framework is recommended, and many actions and tips exists on this forum on how to work with playmaker and these 2d frameworks.

bye,

Jean

apple_man

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Main Menu Help!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 05:21:30 AM »
Ah, fantastic, I'll try that. Thank you very much :)