playMaker

Author Topic: "Failed to send remove RPCs command to network"  (Read 7398 times)

Red

"Failed to send remove RPCs command to network"
« on: December 05, 2012, 10:54:21 AM »
this error i'm not sure what i'm doing or not doing for this to bug out like this.

is this a glitch or a bug in the "NetworkViewRemoveRPCs.cs" script?

I've tested this in the testLab example and it is throwing the same error so i'm thinking that that action isn't working properly for some reason (and the testLab is with the default settings... no change other than populating the gameObject variable with the playerCube_prefab so that it knows to spawn it when necessary.)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 11:14:35 AM by Red »

Red

Re: "Failed to send remove RPCs command to network"
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 06:38:32 AM »
... bump...

kiiiiiiinda need to know how to get this fixed up if i hope to have my game made (as it requires multiplayer.)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 05:25:20 AM »
Hi,

Are you using exclusively Unity networking? I strongly recommend using Photon. I'll try to have a look later on this week. Keep bumping if you don't hear from me. But as far as I am concern, photon is the way to go really.

bye,

Jean

Red

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 10:50:18 AM »
Photon costs money for what i'd need it for... and paying good money (which i don't have) for a solution to something which is advertised as being included with a program is not the route i can reasonably go.

unity's native networking system is what i'm using as well as Playmaker's networking setup (the issue is in the test lab also... so, something isn't working the way it is supposed to.)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 04:57:20 PM »
Hi,

You want to use a proper server? not the photon cloud? and you have a Unity server running at the moment?

bye,

Jean

Red

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 10:02:45 AM »
my knowledge of networking jargon is a little weak but i believe that yes, i want the user to create a server that other players can log into as clients and play that way... to me, that's the better option since it'll keep overhead low and also allow the user that's hosting to determine which maps to use, which power-ups to use (or restrict) and set the general game settings (i.e. is it a deathmatch game? a team-based game? how many skill points do characters start with? what are the "win" conditions? that kinda thing.)

photon isn't something that i can reasonably use since it's restrictions so far are on the small side and i'm hoping to use the native unity/playmaker systems so that i can also see about strucuturing a tutorial video once i can manage to crack it. i'm not cutting down photon but it's not the appropriate solution to a piece of code that doesn't seem to be working properly.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 08:52:17 AM »
Hi,

Are you positive that you have a Unity server running properly? the main issue I could see is that you get a rpc failure simply because the network is not properly set.

A User doesn't "create" a server. the server is always running, what a user can do, is becoming the "master" that is deciding on general properties of the application. This is something that takes a bit of time to grasp. If the user that is the current master quits the network, another user is assigned the role of master. this is something also very difficult to apply in practice, so this does require a lot of testing and experience to properly picture who it all fit together to achieve a particular feature.

bye,

Jean

Red

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 09:31:36 AM »
if that be the case, then i can only assume that the test-lab is made incorrectly and is rife with errors.

all i'm asking is for someone to take a look at the RPC commands in playmaker... the NetworkViewRemoveRPCs.cs action seems to be the one that's not working.

Code: [Select]
// (c) Copyright HutongGames, LLC 2010-2012. All rights reserved.

using UnityEngine;

namespace HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions
{
[ActionCategory(ActionCategory.Network)]
[Tooltip("Remove the RPC function calls accociated with a Game Object.\n\nNOTE: The Game Object must have a NetworkView component attached.")]
public class NetworkViewRemoveRPCs : FsmStateAction
{
[RequiredField]
[CheckForComponent(typeof(NetworkView))]
[Tooltip("Remove the RPC function calls accociated with this Game Object.\n\nNOTE: The GameObject must have a NetworkView component attached.")]
public FsmOwnerDefault gameObject;

public override void Reset()
{
gameObject = null;
}

public override void OnEnter()
{
DoRemoveRPCsFromViewID();

Finish();
}

void DoRemoveRPCsFromViewID()
{
GameObject targetGo = Fsm.GetOwnerDefaultTarget(gameObject);
if (targetGo == null || targetGo.networkView == null)
{
return;
}

Network.RemoveRPCs(targetGo.networkView.viewID);
}

}
}

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 05:30:54 AM »
Hi,

Ok, try this player cube prefab. The previous prefab was not processing at the right call.

bye,

Jean

Red

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 01:23:03 PM »
umm, that presents some different errors...

when the client disconnects, it tells both prefabs in the host instance to destroy the prefabs.. and when the client comes back in, it only spawns the new prefab in the host instance but creates three cubes in the client instance... disconnecting and reconnecting with the client instance then shows four cubes... then five at the next disconnect/reconnect... etc...

so, it's not actually resolving the issue...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 05:13:58 PM »
Hi,

Actually, Maybe the right solution is there:
http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=1156.msg5093#msg5093

bye,

Jean

Red

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 06:18:32 PM »
That does help quite a bit! thank you!... no errors being reported in the console and no erratic behavior!

now to pick it apart and study it's innards :D