playMaker

Author Topic: support for .cur/ani files  (Read 6106 times)

digimbyte

• Junior Playmaker
support for .cur/ani files
« on: December 31, 2012, 07:02:29 AM »
Support for .cur and .ani files for Set Mouse Cursor

its quite some trouble to convert everything from .cur and .ani files to gif
it shouldn't be limited to graphics only, unity appears to support cursors already, but not the action for playMaker

kiriri

Re: support for .cur/ani files
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 06:05:59 AM »
Since when does unity support .cur or .ani? For all I know only a very few plugins support .cur and .ani is pretty much non existent, due to sprite animations. If you show me some reference of other scripts I could probably implement it, if Unity itself uses those filetypes natively.
Best,
Sven

digimbyte

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 12:34:37 PM »
my mistake, Unity renders and imports the .cur .ani files and you can preview them, but cannot use them at all.
I assumed you could since when anything unity cant use would normally appears as a white folded paper or ignore them completely.

while finding out this though, I discovered something interesting
http://blogs.unity3d.com/2012/10/22/cursor-api/

cursor API, I'm sure the current Set Mouse uses the same but it has an offset at the bottom (Hotspot)

kiriri

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 01:12:45 PM »
Nice find!
The current set mouse cursor is handled by PlayMaker itself. Furthermore this will probably not become a default action because it's 4.0 only. Which also means you'll likely have to implement it yourself, as a lot of ppl here seem to stick with 3.5 for the time being.
Anyways, about time they implemented hardware cursors!
Best,
Sven

digimbyte

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 05:57:03 PM »
updates shouldn't be hindered just because people still use the old version, if unity updates, then its only fair that playMaker updates along side it.