playMaker

Author Topic: Wip: Pis Project  (Read 5546 times)

koen.pis

• Playmaker Newbie
Wip: Pis Project
« on: March 30, 2011, 09:29:41 PM »
Like I said in the intro topic we are a small team set out to build our first game and ofc we will be using playmaker for our little adventure. I just made a progress blog that has some info on our use of playmaker in it so ... I just felt like spamming and sharing it with you lot.

the blog post, clicky
You can see the base of our Movement Fsm, it’s getting even more complex as I type tis up. At the right
bottom you can see our character controller, wrapping playmaker actions around those was a breeze.

We could have ended there but we took it one step further. I decided to optimize the states in to a
single actions, this should minimize duplicated references and variables; it also minimizes function calls;
last but not least, to clean up the clutter in the ui and make room for the special effects people to add there shiny.

more "fun" stuff to come ofc

MaDDoX

• 1.2 Beta
    • FluidPlay Studios
Re: Wip: Pis Project
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 10:36:50 AM »
Interesting, gratz :) I'd just use locomotion to prevent having to use all these states though, but if you're developing for mobile the performance hit might be prohibitive.

PS.: Add an avatar to your twitter account, people don't tend to follow little eggs ^_^
--
Breno "MaDDoX" Azevedo
@brenoazevedo