playMaker

Author Topic: Problems upgrading Photon project to Unity 4  (Read 4406 times)

markfrancombe

Problems upgrading Photon project to Unity 4
« on: December 25, 2012, 04:18:17 PM »
Like an idiot I upgraded to Unity 4..
TOO MANY ERRORS!!

My old Photon multiplayer project REFUSES to play builds... It WILL run ok in Unity, but if I try to launch a build, it never gets to load, furthermore, IM getting loads of console errors (but not red ones- just obselete depreciated stuff... wish they wouldnt do that every-time!)

As some of these seem to come from PlayMaker actions, are there new actions coming soon+ or... what should I do???

(weirdly, and scarily, OLD builds arent loading either!!! Or I would go back to Unity 3 in a flash!... )

Assets/Photon Unity Networking/DemoWorker/Scripts/Menu/EnableScript.cs(23,23): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.GameObject.active' is obsolete: `GameObject.active is obsolete. Use GameObject.SetActive(), GameObject.activeSelf or GameObject.activeInHierarchy.'

Assets/Photon Unity Networking/DemoWorker/Scripts/Menu/EnableScript.cs(28,27): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.GameObject.active' is obsolete: `GameObject.active is obsolete. Use GameObject.SetActive(), GameObject.activeSelf or GameObject.activeInHierarchy.'

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/ActivateGameObject.cs(63,61): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.GameObject.SetActiveRecursively(bool)' is obsolete: `gameObject.SetActiveRecursively() is obsolete. Use GameObject.SetActive(), which is now inherited by children.'

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/ActivateGameObject.cs(67,61): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.GameObject.active' is obsolete: `GameObject.active is obsolete. Use GameObject.SetActive(), GameObject.activeSelf or GameObject.activeInHierarchy.'

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/ActivateGameObject.cs(83,36): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.GameObject.SetActiveRecursively(bool)' is obsolete: `gameObject.SetActiveRecursively() is obsolete. Use GameObject.SetActive(), which is now inherited by children.'

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/ActivateGameObject.cs(87,36): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.GameObject.active' is obsolete: `GameObject.active is obsolete. Use GameObject.SetActive(), GameObject.activeSelf or GameObject.activeInHierarchy.'

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Blink.cs(84,36): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.GameObject.active' is obsolete: `GameObject.active is obsolete. Use GameObject.SetActive(), GameObject.activeSelf or GameObject.activeInHierarchy.'

Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Flicker.cs(79,44): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.GameObject.active' is obsolete: `GameObject.active is obsolete. Use GameObject.SetActive(), GameObject.activeSelf or GameObject.activeInHierarchy.'
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 06:29:32 AM by jeanfabre »

markfrancombe

Re: Problems upgrading to Unity 4
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 03:05:37 PM »
Sorry, but this is a bump..
Can you tell me if these errors after upgrading to 4 are errors in the photon actions of playmaker?

What I find odd, is that I dont actually have any errors if I run the game in Unity...  AND IT WILL BUILD my project!!!
BUT then I get Yellow errors, (no red errors though) of those listed below.
AND my BUild will NOT run.

Can someone tell me, when the error is:

Assets/Photon Unity Networking/DemoWorker/Scripts/Menu/EnableScript.cs(28,27): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.GameObject.active' is obsolete: `GameObject.active is obsolete. Use GameObject.SetActive(), GameObject.activeSelf or GameObject.activeInHierarchy.'

...does this simply mean to delete the bit of script that says GameObject.active with GameObject.SetActive()

???????

MArk
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 03:38:34 PM by markfrancombe »

markfrancombe

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 05:20:10 AM »
Not getting any hits on this so I guess no-one else is having this issue.
However Ill continue to post my findings.

I tried upgrading PlayMaker, and sure enough the nice guys here seem to have made their actions U4 compatible. However now when I load this old project, made in 3, the PM editor is not visible, and when I try to load it, Unty crashes (I copied this issue to another thread, as its a crash)

I still have some errors but they seem to be in a Photon directory, not sure if they are used though, so I may just try deleting them.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 06:29:02 AM »
Hi,

Sorry, missed your post, yes I do too get issues with Photon, but I thought it was because I was messing with photon versions. I am trying to get to the bottom of these problems currently.

bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Problems upgrading Photon project to Unity 4
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 12:20:24 PM »
Hi,

New version of Photon posted:
http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=1390.0

bye,

Jean