playMaker

Author Topic: character controller for (long and short) Rigid Bodies Created with Playmaker  (Read 3931 times)

kurageart

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi, I'm very new to unity, and very new to playmaker (i Bought it yesterday). I was just testing out some stuff, like applying some movement to my long dog character, and I realized quite immediately that the built in character controller in unity with his vertical capsule wasen't the ideal for my character (I tried some third person scripts i found on unity website..very nice, but not good for my character). Inspired by your video http://www.screencast.com/users/HutongGames/folders/PlayMaker/media/e73a91a6-8b33-4e6a-8e4c-c4533f32adb6 I created something almost working using rigid body.... But still, I can't get the "Smooth look at Direction" working naturally... I tried to place it in both the first state, and in the various "key pressed" state... With similar results... Any suggestion would be welcome! (I attach a screenshot, hoping that can help..)

kurageart

• Playmaker Newbie
Ah, I kind of solved just by using a simple "rotate" action only on A and D "Key pressed" state... that quite works for my test ! Thanks for this incredible product!

KozTheBoss

• You dont fail unless you give up trying to succeed
    • Pixel Life - portfolio
Im glad you solved your problem - although in the future, it might be a good idea to just take a look at unity's standard assets in your project window - there you can find first- and third person controllers ready to go - in the case with your dog, you could just take the scripts from the standard controllers and apply them to your dog for movement :)
Remember, you don't fail unless you give up trying to succeed!

kurageart

• Playmaker Newbie
MMm interesting... How? You mean, apply the scripts without using the capsule controller? The problem with that is i couldn't rotate it, and is intended for a (tall) standing character...
Sorry, i'm very new to unity :)

KozTheBoss

• You dont fail unless you give up trying to succeed
    • Pixel Life - portfolio
ah, thats because turning is controlled by the camera, and not the capsule :) the capsule controls movement in the sense of moving forward, backwords and side-to-side, but all rotation is done by the camera :) You could take the "Mouse Look" script from that "standard assets" first person controller camera, and apply it to your own camera - or just copy the entire camera to your own dog

Just make sure the camera is parented to the dog itself :)

hope this helps :)
Remember, you don't fail unless you give up trying to succeed!