playMaker

Author Topic: Random Stoppage  (Read 2746 times)

Satrio

• Junior Playmaker
Random Stoppage
« on: September 07, 2011, 05:42:14 AM »
Now when I test my game it sometimes just stops at a random state.
I think it has something to do with an "possible infinite loop error" using a switch node.

Although in 1.1, PlayMaker swallowed this error. Now It just randomly stops.

Also when pressing play in Unity, first time everything works. Second time it stops.Next time it works. Then next time it stops. Variables and counters are fine.. it can just stop on a node that has an "Add Int" action for no reason

I pressed play-stop-play-stop to test and unity crashes.

Im willing to email my scene to some expert to find out whats wrong.

Satrio

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Random Stoppage
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 06:12:12 AM »
I use a "get child count" and "get child num" to track the numbers of iterations when I am creating my bricks. I just put a "wait" with 0.05 as time and suddenly it worked! It seems like collecting info from gameobjects isnt really instantenous.

The small pause is probably needed to collect and store the info correctly, otherwise the "flow" just zips by the "get" nodes and doesnt have time to collect the info before it leaves the state.

What are your views on this? Is it correct? Would it be good to collect small bits like this in a faq?

I assumed that the actions are made in turn and when finished the "flow" moves to the next action, but I guess the "every frame" is needed to enforce this. Maybe the "Get" actions could need a wait timer built in?

Sorry for the rant. Hopes somebody can decode some usefull info out of this gibberish ;)

Satrio

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Random Stoppage
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 06:15:44 AM »
Oh yeah! The "yellow" warning for infinite loop disappeared aswell. So anyone getting this error should look for "gets" and introduce a wait after. This might fix that problem!