playMaker

Author Topic: Don't like new graph window  (Read 8164 times)

FractalCore

• 1.2 Beta
Re: Don't like new graph window
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 03:40:17 AM »
I just noticed as soon as you run the project (Maximize on Play mode) and come back, it's reset the scroll positions. I guess this isn't intentional since it basically means any saving of scroll positions is pointless.

I turned on the new Draw Frame Around FSM option which seems to show where the upper left corner will be each time. And it doesn't let me move an action any closer than you can see in the image I've attached. This seems like a bug. If it would let me put things anywhere inside that frame instead of moving it away each time, then after resetting the scroll position it would come back and be in the upper left corner, instead of always in the exact same location near the middle.

Having said this, I really like your idea about exposing a preference for people who liked it the old way. Nothing better than keeping options open. I wonder if you could do it as a toggle button next to the new minimap button. So if a particular FSM got big enough, you could turn it on and it would instantly switch to an infinite area. Turn it off again and it generates a new 0,0 position in the upper left corner (based on the top/left most action like it does now) and reverts to the old method. Then each FSM has that option saved within it.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 03:44:34 AM by FractalCore »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Don't like new graph window
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 11:40:05 PM »
Yeah, losing the scroll position with Maximize on Play is a bug.

I think many of the other issues are due to the padding being added to the canvas size. I've tweaked the padding for the next update and I think it works a lot better...