playMaker

Author Topic: Run FSM action question...  (Read 2487 times)

Red

Run FSM action question...
« on: February 20, 2013, 09:19:39 AM »
So, i've just discovered that new action and though some research is telling me it needs a bit more attention (not sure how old that thread was) it does leave me with this one question.

Can you hook up multiple FSMs using this action and have them running together in concert or is it a "one at a time" thing?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Run FSM action question...
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 09:48:36 AM »
Yes. A state can now run multiple FSMs using the Run FSM action.

Run FSM actions can also be nested. So the FSM being run can itself run FSMs, and so on...

Basically you can now use an FSM template as a custom action.

brendang

• Junior Playmaker
    • Out to Play Interactive
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 11:01:52 AM »
Ahh... well that's clear now.   Oh wait.  Nope, it's not even a little clear....lol
Any chance you could imagine a practical example, even something simple (like blue cube causes red cube to spin...blah blah blah), might help to drop the tumblers into place.

B.

Red

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 09:42:15 PM »
Okay... though, i can see a potential issue for those of us that just want to watch the world (or, Unity and our computers) burn.

using the run-fsm to run the template where the run-fsm action is in... essentially, an infinite loop of instantiating the same mod over and over.

I know, it's probably something nobody would do deliberately aside to just have some fun trying to crash unity... but, unless there's some sort of catching algorithm to catch it, might be an idea to keep in mind that you don't do something like this.