playMaker

Author Topic: Sliders not included in build  (Read 3273 times)

Pawel

• Junior Playmaker
Sliders not included in build
« on: February 23, 2013, 06:54:38 AM »
this is the latest version (1.5.3 f1) -- I have sliders for object rotation, camera movement. They work fine when I run within Unity, but are gone when I create Web Browser a build. What is more, I have several buttons -- they show up in the player, but their location is wrong -- they are in the locations from previous builds, before I added sliders.

Pawel

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Sliders not included in build
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 07:07:42 AM »
A little more information: I closed the scene, created a new one, exited Unity. Opened Unity, loaded back the scene and my sliders FSMs are not there. Gone!

Should I go back to a stable version? Which version would that be? Would I lose all the work I've doen in newer versions? I've had problems with freezing windows before, but this was only happening when they were part of the layout. Floating Playmaker frames were OK.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 10:22:59 AM »
I don't think the sliders are the issue, I think in some situations edits are not saved. What version of Unity are you using? There are subtle differences in the way 3.5 and 4.0 and 4.01 behave that might cause this... Were the slider FSMs on regular objects, prefabs, prefab instances, templates...?

Pawel

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 12:13:00 PM »
Three of the sliders were on a prefab and two on a camera. Here is the link to the page: http://www.bodytko.com/unity2/ (not a serious project, just learning the pipeline & experimenting with PlayMaker after going thorough video tutorials)

My Unity Version is 4.0.0 f7.

The issue seems to be related to having PlayMaker incorporated into the layout. Once I have Playmaker in a floating window it behaves much better and this is how I am using it now...

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 01:21:26 PM »
Are you sure you have 1.5.3? Can you double check the about box. Thanks!

Pawel

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 03:26:21 PM »
Yes it is 1.5.3 (see attached screen shot). I've worked yesterday the whole day in Unity & Playmaker without any issues. As I mentioned earlier, I no longer use it incorporated into the layout, but as a floating window.

I've noticed one more thing, when I tried to see if the graying out the Playmaker portion of the layout is still there -- It still happens, especially after playing full screen in the game mode...