playMaker

Author Topic: This is probably easy and I'm probably dumb. [SOLVED]  (Read 2637 times)

kharii

• Playmaker Newbie
This is probably easy and I'm probably dumb. [SOLVED]
« on: February 23, 2013, 05:59:51 PM »
Hey guys! Two things I'd like to ask.

Firstly, is there an easy (or roundabout, if needed) way to make the player/character unable to move? I'm trying to create a cutscene through playmaker.

Which brings me to my second question; Is there a way to disable a script? I know the send message command, and all. But I'd like to disable an already running script.

..Anyway, yeah! Thanks guys. I've only been using Unity for about a week, so this is over my head a bit still.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 01:32:38 AM by Alex Chouls »

PolyMad

Re: This is probably easy and I'm probably dumb.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 11:56:40 AM »
DISABLE COMPONENT I think I have seen it somewhere...

kiriri

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 01:26:16 PM »
DISABLE COMPONENT I think I have seen it somewhere...
that would be either "Set Property" -> inherited -> enabled as false or "enable component" (set to false of course). There's a third way, but I don't remember it out of my head ;)
Best,
Sven

Red

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 01:33:26 PM »
Well, one way in which i have playmaker-embedded ways to enable/disable FSMs and such is to add in a global variable called "enable" and "disable." the enable basically goes to the actions you want and the disable goes to an empty state (or a state filled with itween actions or other things in case you wanted to do some cutscenes or the like.)