playMaker

Author Topic: Get Key (Solved)  (Read 3379 times)

Saputo

Get Key (Solved)
« on: February 27, 2013, 12:44:03 AM »
Would this work for a in Game Menu, I set up the IGM(In Game Menu) to use Get Key, set it to Esc and set the Bool to true, then added get Activate Game Object set that to the IGM and the Other Textures inside it, but when I got to play it, it Disables the FSM right way and Pressing ESC doesn't work

attached a pic, of the fsm
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 11:30:41 AM by Saputo »

markfrancombe

Re: Get Key
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 06:24:57 AM »
you need to put the activate stuff in a new state and transition to it with the key press, right now its all happening at once...

MArk

PolyMad

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 07:17:08 AM »

Saputo

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 10:50:59 AM »
Ok when ever I press Esc it just Disables the FSM, What I'm rying to do is make it so the IGM (In Game Menu) is not on screen or Active till the Esc Button is pressed,It should not need to be held down, But once i press Esc it just disables my FSM.

By The Way the Bools are set to True

Thank you for the help

Saputo

Re: Get Key (Solved)
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 11:20:06 AM »
Well I Solved it for now, Id rather not have to HOLD Down Esc, But I guess it will have to do for now till I can figure out how to get Get Key to work.

Saputo

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 11:23:28 AM »
And I just fixed that, No longer have to hold down the ESC Button. Just set a Store Val, Bool to Key Down make it true and then in the Second State Set another Key Down and Set that Bool to False the event can still be  up down or w.e u put for pressed actions, (Not sure if that matters)