playMaker

Author Topic: [solved]Howto Sending event between scene?  (Read 3039 times)

bloodymin

• Playmaker Newbie
[solved]Howto Sending event between scene?
« on: March 02, 2013, 11:15:37 AM »
Hello again :)
Sending global event between Scene, level, is possible? If possible what action should i  use it?
I tried to use send event then set as broadcast all. But another scene event seemed didn't get this global event.
In the same scene i didn't have any problem to using global event stuff. but this is first time to use send event  for between scene, i seemed not working probably i did some mistake just like before. 
Anyway, please help me to find out how to solve this problem.
What i want it to do is
scene 1 press button -> load scene 0 and send event to scene 0 -> scene 0 starts and according to event, load specific gameObject.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:38:56 PM by bloodymin »

Red

Re: Howto Sending event between scene?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 03:19:58 PM »
As far as i know the FSMs events are limited to only working within the current scene/level.

If you want to communicate across scenes/levels, you have a couple options. one could be if you're sending basic variables, you can stash them in the player prefs and recall them once you enter the next scene. other would be to stash the values you want to send into global variables (this one has more options to it.) Both would work but you'd have to figure out what sorts of variables you'd want to send to transfer that data across scenes and then you'd have to have a system set up that will check those data points.

so, if you're transferring a character's identity, you could stash the game object you want to use and once it's there, have the new level instantiate the appropriate game object and run through a system to populate the appropriate data into the right spots.

bloodymin

• Playmaker Newbie
[solved] Howto Sending event between scene?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 09:38:24 PM »
thank you!!!! :)