playMaker

Author Topic: Various bugs with Templates  (Read 2148 times)

arkanell

• Playmaker Newbie
Various bugs with Templates
« on: March 07, 2013, 01:20:42 PM »
I've been using templates for a few days now and I am finding them super useful.
Unfortunately I have also found a few bugs, I'm using unity 4.0.1f2 and Playmaker 1.5.4.f3

When adding a new state to a template assigned to an FSM with the same name via [Click to Edit Template], the contents of the template is copied to the underlying FSM.

Changing the template on RunFSM doesn't clear the Input section, instead it adds the new variables to the list. when this happens RunFSM will fail to run. this can also break the Playmaker editor, restarting unity is the only way to fix this.

Running a state using RunFSM a few times will only run the template for a single update cycle before exiting.
Putting the contents of Awake() at the beginning of OnEnter() fixes the problem but isn't ideal.
EDIT: after some more testing this seems to only affect larger FSM's which use the same template in multiple states

The input section of RunFSM doesn't work when used inside a template.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 02:03:47 PM by arkanell »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Various bugs with Templates
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 03:19:05 PM »
Thanks! These features are pretty new and we still have some kinks to work out - so this list is super helpful!

Would you mind submitting them with the Playmaker Bug Report tool (Main Menu > PlayMaker > Tools > Submit Bug Report). That will help us track the issues better... each issue in its own bug is ideal... Thanks!