playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Adapting Photon with PM to the Unity Car Tutorial - how?  (Read 3353 times)

eyehawk

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone could point me to any resources that might explain how to adapt Photon with Playmaker to the Unity Car Tutorial.

I've been playing around with the PlaymakerTestGame demo, which has a 3rd person controller attached to the player's character.  I looked at the FSMs attached to it, as well as reading through: https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W989

I then tried to replace the player's character with a car.

However I haven't had a lot of luck getting things going?  Any pointers as to where to look next?

Cheers,
E
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:27:29 PM by eyehawk »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Adapting Photon with PM to the Unity Car Tutorial - how?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 01:29:03 AM »
Hi,

Adapting photon for car is pretty much the same as for a player, you need to update the position and the rotation of the "player", be it a car. The key here too is to only allow user control on the car that owns this instance, all other generated instances must listen to that car synched variables.

Try with a simple sphere first that you control via forces, just to cut the crap of all the various scripts and possible things that needs modifications on a real car behavior.

bye,

Jean

eyehawk

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Adapting Photon with PM to the Unity Car Tutorial - how?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 04:27:04 PM »
Hi Jean,
Thanks - this issue is related to the photon one I've raised, so I'll close this one.  Apologies for the delayed response, I need to set up email notifications for replies I get on this forum.
Cheers,
E

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: [SOLVED] Adapting Photon with PM to the Unity Car Tutorial - how?
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 02:44:34 AM »
Hi,

no problem.

I am working a lot with photon and playmaker, and one thing that I could improve is the proxy itself.

Are you sure that when you have the trouble you get, that indeed the playmaker proxy is in the scene?! cause I did forget once, and I had trouble indeed... and I haven't really made clear logs warning or even errors for it, so maybe that's the trouble you have too.

bye,

Jean