playMaker

Author Topic: State labels wont disapear until scene/game is Paused  (Read 3777 times)

Sobek

• Playmaker Newbie
State labels wont disapear until scene/game is Paused
« on: March 12, 2013, 10:52:40 AM »
Hi

First of all like to say that i hate when subjects that have been answered a tousand times keep comming back, but i honestly cant get rid of those d*mn state labels. I have search the forum and i am fully aware that i am not alowed to have more than one PlayMakerGUI in each scene (i only have one PlayMakerGUI in each hierarchy panel of each scene).
I also know that i need to disable "Show state labels" in each PlayMakerGUI (or actually adjustments is only need to bee done in one PlayMakerGUI i heard sense they are all "linked together" and update eachother). 

What happens is that most of time when i start a level all state levels are shown, until i press the pause key i the toolbar, once i press play again the state labels are hidden, as they were told to from the very begining when i unmarked "show state labels".
When i build the game for my iphone and play it, the state labels are shown and sense i no longer can pause the game from the unity toolbar sense the game is running on my device its nearly impossible to play.
Maybe its wrong with some kind of PlayMakerGUI refreshfunction, sense it obviously not is correctly done until the game is paused.

I have also tried to disable "show state label" on each single gameobject that has a Playmaker FSM, but everytime i play or move to another scene, this option return to enable "show state label". Does it has anything to do with "Reset on Disable"?

I have been working with this game for nearly a year, fulltime, and now its done but i cant relese it like this. I need to get rid of the state labels.

Plan B: If no one no what is wrong, is there anyway to simply uninstall the statelabel "function" from the playmaker folder or rewrite/remove it from the script?
Unfortunately cant disable the PlaymMkerGUI sense im using scene manager which need a PlayMakerGUI object in each scene to work.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:06:42 PM by Sobek »

Sobek

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: State labels wont disapear until scene/game is Paused
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 10:13:15 PM »
I told each object with a FSM not to show state labels. But they still do. I figured out that the problem seems to be hiding in each prefab with a Playmaker FSM, cause everytime i disable there FSM not to show state labels, that checkbox is enabled again after i run the game. So the prefabs does not save the settings further than til the next play. :(

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 02:53:55 AM »
Hi,

For me it works just fine.

select the "PlayMakerGUI" object in your scene, and in the "Debugging" of the "PlayMakerGUI component inspector, simply uncheck "Draw Active Stat labels" and done.

bye,

Jean

Sobek

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 09:44:29 AM »
Then it something is wrong with my Gameproject. I gave it a try on another computer but were not able to turn them of. The PlaymakerGUI doesnt update eachother very well. So i had to break each prefab that has a FSM and again tell each one of them not to show state labels. That is working but now i have a lot of gameobjects that i have to edit one by one sense they no longer are prefabs, but at least i got rid of the state labels.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 09:18:12 PM »
What version of Playmaker are you using? (Main Menu > PlayMaker > About PlayMaker...)