playMaker

Author Topic: What am I doing wrong - iOS controls[SOLVED]  (Read 3206 times)

lioncirth

• Junior Playmaker
What am I doing wrong - iOS controls[SOLVED]
« on: March 16, 2013, 11:28:56 AM »
Hi all

I am trying to get some simple iOS touch controls done but not sure where I am going wrong...

I have watched the iOS videos and looked at Jean's sample that was in this forum but dont fully understand it.

At the moment in my scene I have;

* ground
* GUI Texture Buttons
* Cube (Player)

On the Gui Left Texture button I have the following FSM

Start -> Set Up State - This has the event Reset Left Click which sets the GUI texture for the button

Left Touch State - This has the Touch Gui Event - the send event is set as move_left (which is a global event). The transition on this state is "move_left"

This goes to Send Click State - which sends event move_left to my cube.

Now on the cube I have;

Start - Listener - this has no actions attached but has the transition move_left.

This goes to Move Left state - this has the itween move (which moves my cube 1 space left) - it then has another Set Gui Texture (so it looks like it was pressed)

This then has a Reset Left Click transition.

This then goes to Reset Left click state - which sends the event "Reset Left Click" through to the left Gui object

This should repeat every time the user clicks the button.

I hope this is easy to following...I am expecting it to be a simple fix that I am completely missing because im sooo new :)

Thanks for any support received.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 06:25:52 AM by jeanfabre »

lioncirth

• Junior Playmaker
Re: What am I doing wrong - iOS controls
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 12:29:31 PM »
Please ignore :)

I have managed to edit Jeans example and get it to do what I want to some degree :)

Thanks