playMaker

Author Topic: Character Collidors, what are they, and how do I ref them?  (Read 1362 times)

markfrancombe

Character Collidors, what are they, and how do I ref them?
« on: March 23, 2013, 05:19:46 PM »
So.. chickens... alot of them... and they are all randomly walking about and pecking... nice.

When they hit each others colliders (they are all fitted with Character Controllers), they recognize the colliders, and DONT walk thru each other. Also nice.

But Id like them to adjust their direction a bit when this happens, expecially for when they bump into walls or trees of whatever.. currently they will hit a bit of terrain say (that is too steep to walk up) and slide a bit along it, till the random stuff I have already implemented turns them away and they walk off.

Id like to have them turn away from a wall when they bump it. AND FURTHERMORE, I would like them to recognise and invisible collider and walk away from that too, so I can keep them in specific fields/areas...

But when I loo for a nice action I only find Physics/trigger event (requires a rigid body or colision event, (also requires rigid body)
As these things are just background action, and not gameplay, I really dont see the need of making them rigid body... or should I??

Mark