playMaker

Author Topic: Borealis Wishing - Early Gameplay Demo  (Read 3690 times)

Ouroboros_Originals

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Ouroboros Originals Software
Borealis Wishing - Early Gameplay Demo
« on: April 05, 2013, 12:09:34 PM »
Hello fellow PlayMaker users!

I thought I would share a very early demo of the game I have been working on for several months. It includes several short tutorial levels and one larger level. Let me know what you think!

http://ouroborosoriginals.com/unity/WebPlayer.html

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Borealis Wishing - Early Gameplay Demo
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 12:02:47 AM »
Cool! I don't think the instructions mention clicking to rotate the world...? Unless I missed it...

It's quite pretty, and I like the main character. The screenshot doesn't do it justice :)

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 12:22:05 AM »
How do you rotate in mid-air? ... I tried clicking again but it looks like its waiting to touch the ground again.

Also the mouse wheel zoomed way out and then the game was unplayable from that point.
Otherwise a pretty cool game :)

MrMitch

• Rage Quit Games - Coming Soon
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 04:58:25 AM »
Fun idea and some nice visuals, i can see it turning out to be a nice game but one the thing that got me a little was the controls, for me it felt awkward using the mouse for the rotation, if you could include the Arrow Keys for using to rotate that would make the game better for me.

Also mid-air rotation kinda felt like it should have been included.

Other than that i look forward to seeing the game progress :)

Ouroboros_Originals

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Ouroboros Originals Software
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 10:00:36 AM »
Wow, thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you liked it! Sorry it took so long to get back to you!

Looking back the tutorial text was a bit confusing. You only ever get to rotate once. If you rotate, you can't rotate again before touching the ground. You can rotate in mid-air if you walk off of a ledge. You can't rotate in mid-air if you have already rotated. Does that make more sense? I'll have to figure out how to explain it better

There is however a "power-up" that I have added to the game that will allow you to rotate twice when you pick it up as well as another power up that allows you to rotate 180 degrees instead of 90. This will be included in the next update with some new levels.

The mouse wheel was a bug with the input manager. It will be fixed when I upload a new version later today. In the later levels it will be helpful to "zoom out" and see the entire level. In that build of the game either pressing the middle mouse button or the space bar would zoom you out and then pressing it again would zoom back in.

I really like the idea of using the arrow keys for the rotation instead of/in addition to the mouse! Thanks! :D