playMaker

Author Topic: Animator Follow issue  (Read 1942 times)

Pawel

• Junior Playmaker
Animator Follow issue
« on: April 01, 2013, 05:49:06 PM »
I've posted it in bug section, but so far nobody has made any comments -- maybe here I will have a little more luck:

I've tried to use (Mechanim) Animator Follow action on a character that was set up with a Generic Rig and it does not follow the target. I've tried several different characters with the same results -- The humanoid characters work, but non humanoid do not. (Including the mine_bot). I've checked the setup and everything is done the same way on both types of rigs. If I set them up with regular controls, using joystick or arrow keys, my characters are behaving correctly. They just don't seem to like to be controlled via follow.cs or Playmaker Animator Follow...

Does anybody have a clue what is the reason? Is this a bug? Or am I missing something?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Animator Follow issue
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 03:21:49 AM »
Hi,

Yes, AnimatorFollow only work swhen there is a CharacterController component attached.

On the next update, I'll make a check and throw an error when you try to use this on non "charactercontroller" based avatars.

you can still achieve this basically, but you need to set the speed and direction yourself, it's possible with just playmaker.

bye,

Jean