playMaker

Author Topic: Change Rigidbody Drag. Not possible? [SOLVED]  (Read 3607 times)

MajorIdea

Change Rigidbody Drag. Not possible? [SOLVED]
« on: June 14, 2013, 03:20:16 PM »
Hi,

Sorry if this is an old question. It seems to me like an obvious problem, but I've searched all over the place for a way to change the value of the Drag on a rigidbody with an action or a set of actions to no avail. ~

I've been looking at the Get/Set Property but it only goes as deep as the general rigidbody level (Get property -> Target Object -> Object type (UnityEngine.GameObject) -> Property (rigidbody) -> Store Object (?? ??? ??) the end)

Is there a way of doing this? I need to have it changed to diferent values in different states.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 07:11:18 AM by MajorIdea »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Change Rigidbody Drag. Not possible?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 05:44:02 PM »
I just checked and RigidBody.drag is available in the Get/Set Property actions...

What version of Playmaker are you using?
Can you post a screen or video capture of your menu?

MajorIdea

Re: Change Rigidbody Drag. Not possible?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 07:39:09 PM »
That's really weird. I'm not getting that. I tried having the action on a FSM on the object with the rigidbody too to see if the problem was in being on another object, but still nothing. I'm pretty sure I'm using the latest version of playmaker.

Here's a screen:

MajorIdea

Re: Change Rigidbody Drag. Not possible? [SOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 07:49:11 PM »
Oh! ... well I feel dumb xD
I just noticed in your screen there was a UnityEngine.Rigidbody, which was something I didn't even knew it was possible. After messing around with it I finally noticed the bit about dragging component INSIDE an object to that little box (something I never done in playmaker before) and it worked.

Thanks! :D

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 12:58:03 PM »
That's also a very old version of Playmaker. In newer versions you can drill into properties in the menu, so you can navigate to rigidbody.drag from a GameObject.

You should update to the latest version :) However with such a big version jump you might need to make some changes to your project... so backup the project first!

MajorIdea

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 01:01:50 PM »
Yes, I noticed that when I started a new unity project I had new features with playmaker (I did update it when it told me to not too long ago), like the ability to zoom in the fsm window, but that wasn't working on this older project. I'll go check out how to update this project. Thanks!