playMaker

Author Topic: Global variables completely lost from prefab on Play [SOLVED]  (Read 13186 times)

Krileon

Re: Global variables completely lost from prefab on Play
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 09:28:50 AM »
I don't know for sure if updating Unity broke it is the problem. I don't want to risk breaking more by downgrading either.

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 09:55:13 AM »
So backup your project folder and give it a try?
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

Krileon

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 10:56:45 AM »
Downgraded to Unity 4.1 and issue still present. Will try Unity 4.0 now.

Krileon

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 11:08:04 AM »
Downgraded to Unity 4.0 and issue still present. Upgrading back to 4.1.2. It must be due to the latest PlayMaker release is all I can guess. Can the developers please look into why the globals would be lost after the first frame please?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 01:47:30 PM »
Can you send me your project?

Have you moved Playmaker from its default location?
Is PlayMakerGlobals in the PlayMaker/Resources directory?
Could there be another PlayMakerGlobals in the project somewhere? E.g., if you imported globals from another project...

Krileon

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2013, 04:14:46 PM »
Can you send me your project?
Yes, please provide where you'd like me to send it.

Have you moved Playmaker from its default location?
No.

Is PlayMakerGlobals in the PlayMaker/Resources directory?
Yes.

Could there be another PlayMakerGlobals in the project somewhere?
No, have done a full search of my project multiple times.

The last asset I imported was CoherentUI, but I don't see how it could conflict nor seen any errors regarding it.

The global variables work, but only for 1 frame then are lost. Global events appear to be unaffected.

markfrancombe

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2013, 05:02:31 PM »
I don't have anything to add, other than to ask you to please consider going back to 4.0 (or I think 4.1 is ok).
I have had similar issues with 4.1.2 not PlayMaker specific, but Unity specific, so I would advise waiting...

Im staying at 4.0 for a while...

M

Krileon

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 10:59:11 PM »
I don't have anything to add, other than to ask you to please consider going back to 4.0 (or I think 4.1 is ok).
I have had similar issues with 4.1.2 not PlayMaker specific, but Unity specific, so I would advise waiting...

Im staying at 4.0 for a while...

M
Please see my above replies as I have already done this. I've tested 4.1.2, 4.1, and 4.0 all with same issue. I believe it was the update to latest PlayMaker release that maybe doing it or my project is already messed up from already upgrading to 4.1.2 and won't reverse.

Edit: Thought it could've been CoherentUI, but completely deleted it and did not solve the issue. The only 3 recent things that I have done is Unity 4.1.2 update, PlayMaker update, and CoherentUI import. I've ruled out Unity and CoherentUI now.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 11:04:13 PM by Krileon »

Krileon

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2013, 11:40:48 PM »
Ok, took my tests another step forward. New project and all it has is PlayMaker imported. The only objects in the scene is the camera and an empty game object with PlayMaker on it that adds +1 to a Global Float. Issue is still present. This clearly is a bug in PlayMaker. I am begging someone at PlayMaker to please prioritize and resolve this as my project is completely stalled and globals are completely useless now or at least send me earlier versions of PlayMaker to test as asset store won't give me older releases.

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2013, 12:52:09 AM »
I can't figure out how you're having this problem and others aren't if it's a problem in the latest PM patch then it would be widespread.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

Krileon

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2013, 08:58:18 AM »
I can't figure out how you're having this problem and others aren't if it's a problem in the latest PM patch then it would be widespread.
I don't know, I'd be able to explore this more if it all wasn't crammed into a DLL. Beyond what I've provided I don't know what further to add. I've confirmed it still happens even in a new project so it's nothing in my project causing it. If the code where globals is established isn't in the DLL then I'd like to know where so I can take a look. I just want this fixed...

Krileon

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2013, 10:34:56 AM »
Globals issue is now fixed with 1.5.5, but now there's over 500 FPS loss; as don't want a duplicate topic regarding performance will just link the below.

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=3581.0

Can we get a way to register our purchase here at PlayMakers site and you provide a way for us to download previous versions? Once updated through Asset Store you're pretty much screwed and I believe 1.5.3 worked perfectly fine for me. I don't want these updates unless they're going to actually work...

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2013, 11:48:02 AM »
If you contact info@hutongames.com and provide your order info, we can email you a previous version.

Sorry about the performance problems! In the beta, 1.5.5 massively improved editor performance in our stress tests and real world projects. There must be some edge case that's not handled we'll and missing from our tests. Can you email me a project that shows the problem?

jayhfd

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Global variables completely lost from prefab on Play [SOLVED]
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2013, 04:24:07 AM »
I'm pretty sure I also managed to lose a global gameobject var just now by trying to set a gameobject variable on a prefab to be a scene object. This NGUI scene object was using Get Owner on itself, stored as a Global Gameobject var. Yes I know this is a dumb way of doing things, but I couldn't get something working and was 'just trying stuff' :)

Anyway the global gameobject var just disappeared from my scene/project, and I had to recreate it.

Just FYI...

Satrio

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Global variables completely lost from prefab on Play [SOLVED]
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2013, 08:43:33 AM »
Had problems with NGUI and Playmaker after trying to update through Asset Store. Had to delete both and reinstall to get stuff to work, although all my global vars were deleted and the whole game broke. No I canĀ“t get the global vars back... really bad...

Shit like this really makes me mad...well, well..

Seems like global vars are associated with the project and not with "levels"?
Anyone else has a solution to this?